US$338
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$299
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$275
US$229
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$282
US$239
  • Restaurant
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$239
Hotel Carlton
US$233
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Francisco Financial District(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$283
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$354
US$333
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janbreakfast tableevery morninghome away from homefresh fruitprivate bathbreakfast was delicioustwin peaksplace to stayf linerestaurants and barslocation was perfect
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This guest house is convenient and the operator (Jan - pronounced Yan) is remarkable. He truly makes you feel as if you're in a home. An incredible breakfast every morning (no two alike) and wonderful advice on how to get the best out of the city. He knew which museum exhibits were worth getting to...what was going on in town at that time.

Room Tip: This is essentially a gay owned/friendly guest house. If you're not comfortable around gay people it's not well suited for you. Nothing is "in your face" but you are staying in the gayest neighborhood in the United States...Castro. We stayed in the White Room which also had an incredible view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BEARDEDMEN
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a definate stand out of my trip to the USA this year.

The Inn on Castro is a gem, absolutely lovely and well appointed rooms, beautiful breakfast served daily by the owner, Jan, who was also very helpful in pointing our worthwhile tourist attractions.

The hotel is located in the heart of the Castro district, very close to the train.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesThomas2012
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I no longer think there's any other way to stay in San Francisco. Wonderful location right in the heart of the Castro and Jan was an excellent host and cook. The room was spacious and full of amenities, more than I expected for the lower price.

Room Tip: The lower suites are secluded and private (perfect for a romantic getaway). Breakfast time gave a great chance to mingle with the host and other travelers.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Perfect location for hanging out in Castro. Charming house, clean and Jan the host is very kind and fix a very good breakfast. We liked this place very much, price point is fine considering SF hotels.
The only minus point is the noise created by the staff. No traffic noise - you will sleep well. However it feels like the staff is slamming those thin wooden doors and it resonate like crazy in the whole building. They were setting up the bfast table the evening before and my bedroom was below the dining room and I could hear blasting the cabinet doors for a good while .... same with the laundry door, or the minibar door in the hallway .... I think all these can be fixed if the staff would get this feedback. We don't hear any walking which is good. They have thick carpeting but for a reason that I don't know we hear all the door noises ... so they need to be more gentle and I am not kidding on that one. I was tired and got irritated but did not say anything. Finally I discovered in two different places a bowl filled with earplugs .... so I realized that maybe this is a common thing ...
So a friendly advise to Jan : check with your staff on that point

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank axel16
Reviewed November 10, 2011

You should know that San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in the world. I love the people and the rich history of the city.

I've stayed at all the hotels in Union Square. You have your major chains with nice, rooms you expect. I've stayed at the Larkspur which has exceptional service (and tiny rooms). I've stayed at the W which is like a club scene from the series ALIAS (fun, young, expensive). The St. Francis (great location, tiny rooms).

I will forever book the Inn on Castro.

As a gay man, it is a half block north of Ground Zero in the Castro. A half block from the Muni (above ground train and subway). So it was where I wanted to be.

I booked the patio room. You can't get a room in San Francisco at a cheaper rate for the space. Private bath (some of the rooms share a bath - and I would consider that in the future if the patio is booked). I had my own entrance and a beautiful, LARGE patio.

The room itself has a large bed, refrigerator, nice sized bathroom (I'm 6'2" - it has a high shower head which is rare in SF). HUGE closet. Free international calls. iPod clock radio. Books to read. Sitting area with a large leather sofa. Coffee pot. Tea.

Breakfast was also served (though I was in town running the half marathon, so I missed the hours.)

Melanie was very sweet and helpful. (She checked me in.) The owner is lovely.

My room was very quiet and again, I was a half block from everything. If you're gay and like to go out, it's right there! And the room was very inexpensive for SF.

It was a VERY simple check-in. "Here's the key. Let me show you around." No papers to sign, because you pay in advance.

Trust me... you want to book this inn and book this room.

Room Tip: Book the patio.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo