Inn on Castro
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$323
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$249
US$222
  • Pool
US$219
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$310
US$239
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$457
US$439
Orbitz.com
US$280
US$269
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Pool
All reviewscastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janbreakfast tablehome away from homefresh fruitevery morningprivate bathtwin peaksbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayf linerestaurants and barslocation was perfect
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I had been reluctant about staying at a B&B until our stay at the Inn on Castro. The location was ideal for walking and public transportation. The room was very comfortable and the view out the bay window was beautiful. It was a joy to wake up to a delicious breakfast served by our host. At the communal table, we were able to meet other guests from around the country and the globe. I would highly recommend staying here to my friends.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We were here for about six days. Could not be happier with the place and all that we got for the price. As other reviewers have noted, the breakfasts are truly outstanding. The owner/manager was very friendly and helpful, even taking the time to sit down and orient us with the area and the city on a provided map - this was my first trip to SF.
Also, the place is about 25 steps from the corner of Castro and Market, the heart of the Castro and the F line, which will take you right down Market Street to the Embarcedero (popular tourist destinations). We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My friend and I just returned from 5 nights here. We were overwhelmed with what a fantastic place this was to stay, and we both would recommend it to anyone wanting quality accomodation in the heart of Castro.
We wanted to be in Castro, and we couldn't have been any closer. The inn is ideally placed for public transport and taxis too.
Our room (The Brown Room) was really clean and comfortable with a mini fridge full of complimentary soft drinks, and a lovely brandy decanter on the side. The bathroom had a nice shower with red hot water and high quality tissues. Towels and linen were changed every day.
Jan (the owner) is a delighful Man, who puts on a superb breakfast, where you can sit and meet other guests, or chat to Jan about his vast knowledge of the city or any other subject for that matter. He's an interesting chap to chat to in general.
I am so glad I chose the Inn on Castro over slightly cheaper accomodation, as I feel its worth every penny.
I will definitely chose Inn on Castro for my next trip to San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I second the thoughts of other reviewers -- the location is great, the breakfast is incredible, the rooms are comfortable and include free bottled water, juice, and hooch. The wireless can be a bit spotty, but my rooms had ethernet cables as well. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I don't recommend the rooms in the basement -- not enough light makes it difficult to wake up. The other rooms are great, though.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

headline about says it all - no parking, clean space, but furnishings are very old (the blanket on our bed was fraying where sewing was coming a apart across all the trim), soap and conditioner in the shower, no shampoo; brandy in the room, free unlimited bottled water and juice. Proprietor was a bit odd (older-middle aged gay man, make not so funny gay jokes directed at us...).

The redeeming characteristic of this place is the breakfast - that gets an A+ both day (fruit, yogurt, cereals, gourmet coffees, AND three cheese omelet, french toast, poached eggs on Spanish, etc. Again, breakfast was VERY good.

Room Tip: more expensive rooms are obviously nicer and quitter