All reviewscommon roomgreat roomrestaurant downstairsother guestsdetached bathroomguest houseprivate bathbed and breakfastcity noisecomplimentary breakfastmarket streetunion squarehayescerealneighborhoodlinenssf
Reviewed August 31, 2015

This is a small hotel over a Restaurant - "Sauce",. So you Sleep over Sauce.
If you are looking for a really ritzy place with a Reception Desk, a Lift and all mod cons give it a miss. But if you are looking for something clean, comfortable, good price and do not mind climbing the stairs this is the place for you. It is about 10-15 min easy walk from the BART. Close to the bus routes and heaps of restaurants. Even though you are above the Restaurant it is very quite. We ate at "Sauce" twice. It was so good food. If you arrive after 5pm to check in the Barman will do that for you. The staff in the restaurant are so friendly and will help you with anything. Some rooms have there own bathroom others a share arrangement. One the first floor there is a giant common room with microwave, fridge, food plus a large lounge, TV, books, board games. A great area to relax. They also have a 24 hour business centre. A really great hotel - a hidden gem!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed August 26, 2015

I was alone for a business travel and i was looking for a quiet place, with good location. It was confortable, clean and the best of all is the person at the B&B are very helpful. The breakfast was very nice and it has a lot of things to taste. If i come back to San Francisco i will come again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VictorFarina
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I booked a stay because we attended the Music Fest this past weekend. It's always nerving for me to have to book in unfamiliar territory, but I took the gamble at Sleep over Sauce. I have no regrets! good location...room was comfy...and it being over the restaurant/bar was not noisy at all, BUT what hooked me to come back one day was the customer service. THANK YOU AMANDA AND NINA!! I hope their superiors value that they have a great energy & welcoming staff. Amanda was the first person who saw us coming up (stairs! yes! but still worth it) She greeted us...offered us water/coffee even a snack :) & showed us the "common room".. if we needed a moment to rest since our room wasn't ready (not hotel error...we arrived super early) (Last, but not least...I can't forget Roel..When I was still in limbo of where to book..Every time I called with "another" question...Roel was always super kind so thank you too...Their restaurant was yummers! we were not disappointed) Take Care all! Ciao...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvette V
Reviewed August 5, 2015

We stayed here with our big family for a wedding and it was perfect! They have a common room where we could all gather and 2 floors with maybe 4-5 room. Every room was unique & had it's own story. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank freeTVEE
Reviewed June 2, 2015

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights at Sleep Over Sauce. It was very clean and we loved Amanda who took very good care of us. We were a little worried about it being noisy because it is over a restaurant and on a busy street but it turned out fine and the noise didn't bother us at all. It is in a great neighborhood and great location. We will return.

Room Tip: Our top floor room-Presidio--was great.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family