1,699 results
All reviewspied piperglass ceilinggarden court restaurantheated toilet seatindoor poolbeautiful historic hotelmontgomery streetspg memberroom servicebeautiful lobbyconcierge deskcorner suiteturn down servicebell staffthe financial districtbart stationan upgrade
Reviewed January 4, 2018

I loved the hotel! The staff is super friendly and professional, room service was impeccable.
The room was extremely quiet, with a huge comfortable bed and very modern bathroom.
I loved the decor with leather details on the furniture.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are super quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear Cebulaczek,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback about the Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco. We are glad to know you liked the courteous service provided by our associates and had a pleasant time with us. We look forward to your next trip in the near future.

Kevin Boland
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed January 3, 2018

My husband and I were so looking forward to our time away together after wrapping up months of cancer treatment. With our baby and toddler happy at their grandparents, we made our way to the city expecting a wonderful stay at the famous Palace hotel.

The hotel is lovely but we were surprised to find such mundane service upon checking in. Just hello and a room key. No questions to ask how we were or even our Thanksgiving plans for the week. No questions on if we needed any suggestions or directions around the hotel. Kind of lame in contrast to the guy in front of us who received chocolates and the check in clerk chatted for a while about his stay at the hotel.

Being unable to be in a Jacuzzi for quite some time due to radiation, we made our way to the pool only to find the Jacuzzi filled with green foam all along the edges. After a swim (which was great!), the shower I used to rinse off in had hair and a bandage on the floor. I called to mention it and they said they'd have someone look at it.

We had a great time away together but hard to say it was thanks to the Palace.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
jamieeberhart, Guest Relations Manager at Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you so much for bringing these concerns to my attention. I apologize for the issues you encountered throughout your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with our management team.

Should you and your husband ever head to San Francisco for another get away, please feel free to reach out to me personally. It would be my pleasure to assist in any way.

Best,
Jamie E.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

First I want to start by saying, yes this hotel is gorgeous, there is no doubt about it, we came here on Christmas Eve day for the Santa High Tea, yes decorated beautiful, Santa was great with the children but it all fell apart for me for this actual "high tea" service. And maybe if you have never left the US and had actual high tea in England, you think your getting good service here, but I will tell you the service was a JOKE! For as much as your paying I expect service, not someone who drops off a pot leaves and never comes back. Stale old bread on sandwiches, desserts were ok but those sandwiches were horrid like they were sitting out for a day, then you try to communicate with your server about you would like more water or even more sandwiches and it was like they just stared at you as if they had no clue what you were saying then disappear for 15min. I hope the management takes a trip to London and has high tea, then comes back to the hotel and tries to reproduce what a real high tea experience is because this definitely is not .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
jamieeberhart, Public Relations Manager at Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Hello and thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your High Tea reservation. I will be sure to share your comments with upper management and address each team member accordingly.

Should you ever dine with us in the future, please feel free to reach out personally. It would be my pleasure to assist in any way.

Thank you and have a happy New Year!
Jamie E.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

We recently stayed her for my 40th Birthday. The staff is friendly and the location is great. Close to wonderful shopping and restaurants.

Pros: They left a cute cake in my room. The bed is very comfortable,room is nice sized for San Fran, location is great. Staff is friendly. Christmas tree and atrium were stunning and special. Bar is a fun gathering spot.

Cons: Took 35 minutes to get my car from valet. Small bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2017

We had a wonderful vacation at The Palace. It is simply a beautiful hotel with many special touches. We brought our children and they loved it just as much. Arturo at the front desk was very professional and helpful at check in and when we had questions over our stay.
Elena in the breakfast dining was very friendly and Jorge the valet was a stand out. Yibeltal at the front desk was helpful as well.

I would highly recommend this special and beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family