We had a good time at this hotel. First, the staff was wonderful. Second, our room was just as pictured and we had a great view from the fifth floor. The room was elegant/comfortable and no complaints. We did use one of the hotel discount sites to get our room; we paid around $180/night but we thought it was worth it.
I am always disappointed that higher priced hotels make you pay extra for internet and I thought theirs was pricey. In fact, it didn't even work well, but when I told them after the first night that it didn't work, they took it off my bill without pause.
We walked everywhere from the hotel - it is on a very high hill so good exercise. The restaurant on the top floor (Top of the Mark) is wonderful - highly recommend. It is a place to get drinks and appetizers and look over the city. Incredible views. Only downside is the cable car could get loud at night; didn't bother me but may keep some people awake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental