2,784 results
All reviews nob hill mark restaurant cable car grace cathedral historic hotel union square the club lounge top floor california street per day an older hotel an upgrade water pressure corner room the golden gate bridge valet parking the financial district
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Got an upgrade for a reasonable amount of $ on this four-night stay, and was very happy with a 12th floor room. Overlooked the cathedral with a partial of the Golden Gate Bridge. Yes, it's the sort of place that is what Shabby Chic tries to emulate - the furniture had a few dings and there was fraying on the side of the comfy chair (with upholstered ottoman!) - but it felt authentic. Took a little while to find drawers into which to unpack (they're in the cabinet where the fridge is), but the closet is large, there's a real luggage rack, and both the room and the bathroom (tub-shower) were very roomy. And a good mattress. In addition, I was impressed by the pleasant but not stiff attitude of all the staff I dealt with, the front desk, the dining room, and even the doormen. (Hi to Sal, a charmer!) Breakfast is allegedly buffet only, but I asked for and got just a croissant and coffee. There's also to-go coffee - but you're charged for it, just so you know. Saturday night at the Top of the Mark, was quite busy with plenty of people actually dancing, a varied crowd, although they shut down at 12.30. I'd stay again if the rates were as reasonable as those I found.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lemons1
Reviewed June 16, 2018

My brother and sister-in-law came into town for the weekend and we decided to head to San Francisco for a few days. Since my brother and I are big fans of the Intercontinental brand, we decided to stay at the Mark Hopkins. This is a classic old hotel with lots of history. Located on top of Nob Hill, the hotel has an amazing view (if you are lucky to get a room facing the right direction). We arrived at the hotel and entered the nice lobby. At check-in, they informed us that my brother's room was ready but ours was not (it was ready an hour later). My brother was upgraded to a suite and we were given a mini-suite. The rooms were nice but the furniture is showing its age. Since we were in a club level room, we used the lounge located on the first floor. Menu and drink options were good...just no view (not a big deal).

Overall, we had a good time but we realize that we like the newer Intercontinental Hotel in Downtown SF. More modern and better club lounge.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor with a view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Nikita T, Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Good Afternoon, pnwguy1j!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here at the Mark Hopkins! We do realize that some of our furniture is a bit outdated, but we look forward to our renovation coming soon. We hope you will come see us again, especially once our renovation is complete.

Warm Regards,

Nikita

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Very happy to have stayed at the intercontinental mark hopkins. The location and the service were good. The rooms and the view were good and the concierge was helpful. Will plan to stay there again. Friendly staff

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband, 4 year old daughter and I had a fabulous stay at Mark Hopkins. We were on the 14th Floor and the view was just gorgeous! We had a corner suite with a large living room and meeting area. King sized Bed was super comfortable and the sheets are just heavenly. The robes from Eres add a nice touch. Would definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Fashion_Jetsetter
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect start to our road trip. Hotel is in the perfect location at the top of Nob hill with trams crisscrossing next to it.
The hotel is full of character and history with original features preserved
Rooms were spacious with great views.
We upgraded to the intercontinental club which included full breakfast buffet, snacks during the day and self service cocktails, wine, beer and tapas between 5 and 7pm.

Best hotel on our trip