“A room with a view”
Review of Bernalview B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bernalview B&B
Ranked #13 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We stayed at this property for three nights in December 2017 and it was more than we expected. The Host (Alan) was fantastic. Great conversations and a wonderful Sunday Brunch too. Clean and very well priced. We shall return..........Do try it all in 2018.

Room Tip: Lower Floor room with San Francisco City view from your bed.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2018

It was my first time there, I had been dreaming of visiting for 40 years…
On arrival, my first shock was the view from the bedroom window ! And I went to have a walk up Bernal Heights ! With a 360° view, people from the area running or walking their dogs… I actually got used to waking up early to see the sunrise from up there in the morning.
The location is great with easy access to all places in the city (thanks for the excellent instructions on arrival).
And it is so pleasant to live for a while in one of these wonderful Queen Anne houses.
Excellent bed, a great choice of food for breakfast… what else could one ask for ? It was really perfect.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay at Bernalview this past Spring. Alan is a great host, the home is clean, comfortable, and convenient for visiting San Francisco sites. And very close to our grandson's home. Our bedroom and bathroom were private and quiet. Breakfast choices were plentiful and included an unexpected Sunday homemade waffle, fresh fruit brunch with Alan and his friends. Rental car parking was street available. A great B&B all around. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed 3 nights in April 2017 at Bernalview B&B in San Francisco. Location is great, very central and close to public transport.The view over San Francisco is magnificent.The room is convenient and quiet, good bed and private restroom (shower to share). The hosts are very friendly, always open for a social talk, they gave you useful tips and made you feel like home.Breakfast is self service and everything is there you need. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is a really good B&B in a safe Location with an amazing view of downtown SF from both the living room and the bedroom. Room was good size, comfy bed and storage space. Use of a private downstairs toilet with sink. Breakfast involves a choice of whatever is available in the kitchen - bread, fruit, jams, cereals, coffee and juices readily available. Parking available outside the house. Alan as a host was very friendly, helpful and informative and we enjoyed a chat with him about the current political situation across the world! Definitely highly recommended - thanks Alan!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I was only in San Francisco for a few days and had never visited before.I was on my way back to the UK via New Zealand. I was on my own and found Bernaliview extremely comfortable, wonderful views, very tolerant and helpful hosts who were able to answer a myriad of probably tiresome questions with a smile. I loved the freedom of having my breakfast when I felt like it, helping myself to delicious supplies from the fridge and being able to go out into the beautiful little enclosed garden. I would definitely recommend staying there - very relaxed, quiet and lovely part of SF.

Room Tip: There is only one room available with beautiful views across the city.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2017

My wife and I stayed here at the beginning of May for the weekend and absolutely loved this place. It has gorgeous views of the city from the main living room, the backyard patio was a stunning place to sit and have breakfast while enjoying the sun, and the bedroom was spacious and comfy. Breakfast options included a large assortment of high quality meats and cheese and oatmeal and whatever else you could really want. Alan was friendly and inviting and we felt like we were friends that he had staying in his home. We would 100% stay here again next time we visit San Francisco.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple