I only got to spend one night at this inn which is conveniently located on busy Lombard street in the heart of San Francisco's Marina District. It was super-easy to find and is very convenient to travelers coming in from the North over the GG Bridge.
One of the things that attracted me to this property was the on-site parking which is worth its weight in gold in this area (and most of SF for that matter). It was so nice to just park the car and walk to where I wanted to go. There are interesting things to see and many restaurants within walking distance. Lombard is also a main bus route and many people seem to use the bus system in the city.
The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was good-sized, well appointed, and seemed pretty updated. The bed was super and seemed new. WiFi was free.
About the only drawback was the bar next door being a little loud, and the desk had mentioned it might be. Lombard is also a pretty busy street and that contributes to the sound level as well. Nothing hindered my going to sleep but I could see where it might affect some folks so it that's you, you might want to ask for a room away from the W end of the building.
All-in-all, a pleasant stay and I would return to this motel easily, especially considering the rate which I thought was very reasonable considering the going rate in the city these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Marina District, between Fillmore and Lombard. Centrally located in a bustling and crowded neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shops and public transportation within walking distance. One mile away from Fisherman's Wharf or 25 min. walking distance.One block away is the Bus 30: takes you to Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town and Union Square. It is safe to walk and bike everywhere in the neighborhood. A few blocks away you will find a Bike Rental shop for $20.00 a day. It is just a few miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge and beaches. Weekends offer a lot of activity and a higher level of noise in the streets with young crowds around the hotel. We offer complimentary parking for one car per room. In the event all the parking spaces are taken, guest needs to be double park and leave their car keys at the Front Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chelsea Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Chelsea Motel San Francisco