“Nice neighborhood hotel”

Hotel Del Sol, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Ranked #44 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Located in the Marina District, clean well run hotel. Parking is always as issue, $30 plus tax a night. A block off Lombard, easy walking to many good restaurants. Quiet for a city neighborhood. Breakfast was included with a nice selection of bagels and pastries. Room was big but dated. Bathroom small but manageable All very clean. Didn’t use the pool, too cool, but wouldn’t anyway, too small and right next to sidewalk. Pet friendly (didn’t see any) kid friendly (didn’t see any) if the price is right and you want to stay away from Downtown and Fisherman’s Wharf, good pick

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Angelo R, Manager at Hotel Del Sol, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings MikeDHamilton,

Thank you so much for recently staying with us and for allowing us to accommodate you during your San Francisco trip. We appreciate your recent review and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable! I'm also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that you had a chance to visit some of the excellent restaurants within walking distance of the hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back if your travels ever lead you back to beautiful San Francisco!

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel has it all - simplicity, retro charm, location, value and the personal touch. The rooms are comfortable and relaxed and all the little extras (hire bikes, snacks, complimentary hot drinks at night) really add up to a great stay. Good for lonely travellers, families and friends travelling together. Will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Angelo R, Manager at Hotel Del Sol, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings Claire M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We welcome guest comments and appreciate the feedback!

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and experience with us. From the retro charm to the location of the hotel - these are a few things that we provide and offer that certainly makes our property a top hotel to stay in San Francisco.

I hope that you will be able to visit San Francisco again soon and when you do that you stay with us here at the Hotel Del Sol. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I hate over paying for hotels and fancy stuff I'll never use. Give me a clean , value priced hotel that i can use as a base for my experience and i'll be happy. That is what this hotel delivers. It is easy to pay $450+ per night in SF. With Car parking, my nightly total was under $200. Sure, there was no gym, but it is so easy to go in and out of this hotel that the convenience is off the charts. I will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. That's east. you'll have morning sun in your room.
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Hotel Del Sol is packed with character. This 1950's refurbished hotel is quaint, quiet, and loaded with one-to-one customer service. Before I even arrived I started getting texts from staff on duty - not a bot. It felt like my mom was on-site and ready to help me as needed; which was a huge blessing while traveling solo. This location is in Marina District and a quick walk to great shopping and dining. It's about a 20-30 minute (12 mile) ride from the airport but well worth the ride given the price. Ubers make getting to nearby attractions, parks, and sights easy. I've been to this area on previous trips and highly recommend it for families, business trips, couples, friends exploring, or the solo traveler. The onsite pool, hammocks, and outdoor tables made for a great space to work and relax. Wifi was on point and the amenities met my expectations. I didn't need it, but there was adequate parking for guests too. Five stars all around!

Room Tip: Be honest about your needs with the concierge. If they have extra rooms they'll place you accord...

Greetings Cara W,

I’m really happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It's rewarding for me as a manager to hear that you enjoyed the one-on-one customer service and I am very proud that my staff was able to accommodate and made you feel welcome even before you stepped on our property. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and I’m glad that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I hope that you will be able to visit San Francisco again soon and when you do, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you get the best possible rate. If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to call us at 415-921-5520 or email me directly at tbatle@jdvhotels.com at any time. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Funky and very friendly hotel. Not grand luxe by any means, but very comfortable, good location (near lots of restaurants), and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have tried a lot of hotels over the years, and have now settled on the Hotel Del Sol as my go-to in San Francisco.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Great to stay in the Marina area. Well kept small hotel. You won't get the conveniences of a full service hotel, but who cares? You're right where you need to be in the city...near restaurants, bars, and the Marina parks. It doesn't get better than this location wise in the city. If you're a business traveler...don't choose this hotel. If you are an out of towner looking for your SF fix...it's a great choice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The staff are very personable and helpful. We had great recomendations for local dining and help with bus routes. The rooms were clean and a decent size. This is a great hotel with excellent staff and we will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel