I'm just back from a week in downtown San Francisco on business and I can't really complaint about this hotel. It's clean, staff is courteous. A special thanks to Diana at the front desk who was able to quickly accomodate my request for a high floor at an early check-in time.
The location is very good, close to Union Square, Market street, and Powell-Mason cable car line just around the corner. The room was clean, bedding extra comfy. Nice flatscreen TV with HDMI input to play movies from the computer (bring your cable!). The room was a little small (one of the smallest room on the floor, due to location of elevators), but it was okay, considering I was there by myself. Extra charge for Internet access: 12.95 per day. It seems valet parking is available, but the price may be outrageous.
Pros: location, cleanliness, bedding, staff courteousy
Cons: no pool or spa - that could have been a big plus after a long day of walking the city.
I would have given this hotel a 5 should the price had been more decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Francisco Marriott Union Square hotel offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from the hotel. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, the San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square