“Very good....except for this one little thing”

Gourmet Walks - Fun Foodie Tours
Russian Hill Gourmet Food Tour
Ranked #13 of 112 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun gourmet walking tours in San Francisco and Wine Country.
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I took this tour early in my first trip to San Fran. As a foodie & a food tour freak I have some feedback:

PROs: VERY informative guide who is an expert in chocolate. She knows it's history inside & out and shares this in a digestible way. She was kind & courteous.

The stops were plentiful--I couldn't eat all the samples given bc it was so much so I had a goodie bag to take home. They also provide a discount card so as you tour you can buy additional yummy chocolate w a discount for future gifts.

There were good bits of city history here & there, although I think a little more wouldn't have hurt.

CON: my only beef with the tour was the ending when the guide said she would appreciate tips. I gave her one & was planning on doing so prior to her comment but I felt she made this VERY awkward for myself & the other guests & put us in an uncomfortable situation.

The classy way around this would have been to mention at the beginning of the tour that tips aren't included in the ticket price, but are greatly appreciated.

Other than that rough ending I thought the experience was lovely.

3  Thank FlavorsOfSanJuan

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Being a self-proclaimed chocaholic. I was super excited for the 3 hour chocolate tour. Our guide was really knowledgable and you could tell she was really passionate about her job and..CHOCOLATE :) A great way to spend the day. We got to try so many delicious samples and I had plenty of leftovers when we were done. Come prepared with a serious sweet tooth.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I highly recommend this tour. We had a nice, small group (4 people), and our tour guide, Elizabeth, was terrific. She was very knowledgeable about both San Francisco and chocolate. She knew everything from the manufacturing and production to the different types of chocolate sold at each retailer. We tried so many different types of chocolate - everything from milk chocolate to champagne truffles to chocolate with burnt caramel and salt! The only thing that I recommend is to take a bottle of water and some chips, pretzels, etc to cut all the sweetness! This was definitely one of my favorite memories of San Francisco.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Elizabeth was our walking tour guide. She was fun, friendly and very informative. The walk was doable for anyone. The chocolate martini was a wonderful start to our tour with wine and chocolate pairing at the end with more chocolate inbetween. Great find in a wonderful city!!

Reviewed 7 September 2011

We booked the Ultimate Chocolate Tour because the regular chocolate tour just didn't seem to be enough chocolate! It was absolutely wonderful. The tour began with a chocolate martini and Marni as our guide. From there we visited several chocolate boutiques with plenty of samples, along with a truly quaint magazine stand that specializes in chocolate. The highlight of the tour was the chocolate and wine pairing - so much fun. Marni was quite informative on chocolate lore and led us on an easy walk through town.

2  Thank L0RI_sb