“Best thing we did in SF.”

Green Dream Tours - Wine Country Tour Specialist
Book In Advance
More Info
US$139.00*
and up
Napa Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in Wine Country Tours, offering tours to the Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, and Alcatraz, seven days per week. Private wine country tours are available to Napa and Sonoma anytime for groups of any size. Other tours around the San Francisco Bay Area are available by request. Our Sonoma Valley Tour is the only tour that includes a complete picnic lunch. All of our tours include: all of your wine tasting fees free of charge, pickup and drop-off at your hotel, complimentary bottled water, a winery tour, and a photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge! (except Napa tour) All tours are given in brand new luxury mini-busses seating only 14 passengers, featuring comfortable seats with extra legroom, wide windows, and air-conditioning. Or, in a luxury van. Our professional guides will educate you, and go out of their way to make sure you are having a great time! We offer the highest quality tours with the best-value pricing in San Francisco. Our focus is on personal service, and great value. We will make sure you get the most out of your tour. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! Read our rave reviews and book your tour today!
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Best thing we did in SF.”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We just came back from our vacation in SF and I have to say that our wine tour with Elie is the most memorable. We recommend this tour highly. It is probably the best wine tour you can get for your money. Pros: Pick up and Drop off at hotel, Wine tasting included, Lunch Included. Cons: It was raining lightly during our tour, so bring a rain coat & umbrella during cloudy days! Overall, I only have positive things to say about Green Dream Tours. You will love it!

Visited November 2011

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
L.A.
“Great Tour, great value!”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I took this tour and it was great! I have been wine tasting several times and I was very pleased with the quality of the places visited. The tour guide Ellie was great, he knew so much info about wine, wine making, and history! I just finished a California history course and he was spot on! Very informative, very affordable, and very fun!

San Francisco, California
“The best way to combind meting new people and try new wines!”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Excellent tour guide. Elie is his name! A very professional man. You got so much more than a buss driver. He is knowledgeable, he knows the city, has many tips of where to go, where to eat, drink, listen to music. He is the guy you wanna meat.

Visited November 2011
Surprise, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Service was less than acceptable”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I went on this tour a couple weeks ago. We were told there was drop-off and pick-up at our hotel. Ellie (the owner and tour guide) was not willing to pick us up at our hotel. We stayed in Brisbane at the Radisson, which is no more than 10 minutes from downtown SF. We stated this in our reservations, but he still refused to pick us up when it was clearly his mistake. There was nothing on the website giving a limited area of pick-up and delivery. He arranged for us to meet-up at a hotel that no one else was getting picked up at.....didn't really make much sense. So, at the end of the tour he asked us where we wanted to be dropped off.....we were going to a restaurant IN SF, but he wouldn't drop us off there either. So, we ended up just getting off and getting a cab. Kind of disappointing.

It was also foggy that day. We were told we would stop at the Golden Gate bridge on the way and the way back since it was foggy. Well, he didn't stop on the way back.

I felt rushed on the stop in town Sonoma. We only had 50 minutes, and that is not enough time to get a chance to look at everything.

The places we went were wonderful, but each place had complimentary tastings except for one place anyway. So basically you're paying $100 for a ride to and from and a small lunch.

For being a buisness owner, Ellie's heart is not in it. All he cares about is making money for his next adventure in South America....which he was enthusiastic about.....but not so much this tour. I definitely would not recommend this tour.

2 Thank AZIowan
greendreamtours, Owner at Green Dream Tours - Wine Country Tour Specialist, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Clearly, 95% of this review has absolutely nothing to do with the tour itself. These clients were upset about the fact that they could not be picked up at their hotel, which was located outside of San Francisco. They knew the day before that they could not be picked up at their hotel, and still chose to come on the tour. I even split their parking fee with them. Although these clients had a nice time on the tour, they decided to write this review because they could not be picked up at their hotel, nor dropped off at a different location also located outside the downtown area. They were also never told there would be a stop on the way back, as that is not even possible, since there is no exit at the vista point on the return trip. My heart is in it, and I give 110% of my energy every day to make sure all of my clients are well taken care of on each and every tour, as is evidenced by all of my reviews.
Iowa City, Iowa
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Used TripAdvisor to find this trip and disappointed with my choice”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I am a big fan of TripAdvisor and when I see an unanimously great review, I know it is something I need to do. I leave a lot of great reviews on here and usually give vendors the benefit of the doubt when it comes to mistakes and mishaps... but Elie, the guide for Green Dreams, was confrontational, not helpful, and darn right accusatory! Not what I expected from someone with such glowing reviews.

Start with the website. It is not user friendly and I didn't even know I was making a reservation when I made one until I got a confirmation email. Nowhere on the website does it give a pick up range- honestly, we wouldn't have chosen this trip if we had known there'd be a problem with this. We went with the intention of having fun and we knew that not one of us would want to be a designated driver, so this seemed perfect. Nowhere in my confirmation did it say what I put down for my hotel (so I can't be sure about what I actually wrote) but, I'm fairly certain I put the name of the hotel Radisson Bayfront. Granted, I did not disclose that this was in Brisbane- but, I'm not from San Francisco and I saw it was 7 miles from the wharf and figured it would be fine. My mistake, fine, mea culpa.

However, if I hadn't called to get a pick up time 24 hours before we left, I would've NEVER known Elie wasn't planning to pick us up at our hotel. I was so upset! Elie offered me another tour that would pick me up in Brisbane but when asked WHO would do this, he couldn't come up with a company. In the end, he offered to split parking with us but, after getting up at 7am and then having to drive back to the hotel, the day lost its luster. When we finally met Elie face to face, he was dismissive and blamed us for the problem. Of course, it was all OUR fault.... how about a follow up call Elie or an email confirming where you are picking us up? The whole operation is very loose and informal which has resulted in arrogance and ignorance on the tour guide's part.

After resigning myself to driving into San Francisco to be picked up, I asked Elie simple questions like "will there be traffic". Elie hemmed and hawed for awhile and couldn't seem to give me a straight answer. He eventually did (after wasting a lot of my time and just frustrating me further) but, that was the first moment when I realized that he did not have his act together. I'm from Atlanta and although I don't drive through rush hour every day- I know an estimate of what time I'd tell people to leave various suburbs to get someplace by 8am. It's not that hard!

The wineries were great. Don't get me wrong- these were excellent wineries and awesome people. However, I could've driven myself and I probably would've had a better time. The time in Sanoma was far too short and the lunch left a lot to be desired...

The Golden Gate bridge was foggy and I swear I heard him say we'd stop on the way back... this may not have been the case. But, between 3 of us we all thought we heard the same thing.

I will say, Elie is knowledgeable about the area and his commentary was fine and he did offer to take photos of our group. Ultimately, I left feeling I could've read a chapter out of a guide book as we drove our rental car to the wineries, asked strangers to take our photos, sobered up in Sonoma, and drove back to the hotel, saving us each about $75.

Overall, I feel like Elie is in the wrong profession- hospitality is not his strong suit.

7 Thank Iowayankee20
greendreamtours, Owner at Green Dream Tours - Wine Country Tour Specialist, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Clearly, 95% of this review has absolutely nothing to do with the tour itself. These clients were upset about the fact that they could not be picked up at their hotel, which was located outside of San Francisco. They knew the day before that they could not be picked up at their hotel, and still chose to come on the tour. I even split their parking fee with them. Although these clients had a nice time on the tour, they decided to write this review because they could not be picked up at their hotel. They were also never told there would be a stop on the way back, as that is not even possible, since there is no exit at the vista point on the return trip.
I run my company in the most highly responsible and professional manner possible. I am extremely well organized and detail oriented. My business is all about hospitality. Taking care of my clients and running a well-organized tour, are my # 1 priorities. That is guaranteed.
I give 110% of my energy every day to make sure all of my clients are well taken care of on each and every tour, as anyone can see by reading all of my reviews.