“Fun afternoon”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Hung out at The Brick Yard for a Saturday afternoon to watch the Tar Heels. It was a fun atmosphere. Our server was attentive but clearly overwhelmed by 6 and we had to flag him down for drinks every time. At one point, we flagged down the woman who had been our server for a refill on our beers without realizing that her shift had ended. Instead of directing us to an open server, she rudely told us that her shift was over and walked away. I was not impressed.

It was an otherwise pleasant afternoon. The loaded tots and cucumber smash were delicious.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

No offense to Jake's Steaks, but there's no space there. We have taken over The Brick Yard and made it the #1 spot to watch our beloved Philadelphia Eagles in San Francisco. Every week we have the entire front alcove reserved and we have the sound on for every game. Guaranteed to be the most authentic Philly rootin' experience this side of the Schyulkill!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Greatest breakfast experience summer 2015! Quick service, cool, old-fashion urban interior. All known dishes with local twist and flavor added a feel-good touch to the meal.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Breakfast burger was a good, messy mouthful. Yummy potatoes. Unfortunately the french toast was a little bland. Made reservation online, including which game we were interested in watching. Worked very well, as they had table for us near a TV with our game on it. One game maximum stay – in other words you lose the table as soon as your game is over. Fine by us, but don’t plan to spend all afternoon watching football.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Tried a take-out order of the Pull Pork Sandwich and The Naked Bird, and both were disappointing. The Pull Pork sandwich tasted very ordinary for $12, and there were no sides that came with it. The Naked Bird ($15), a grill chicken dish that came with mash potatoes and a light salad was dry and chewy. When I placed the order, the restaurant staff told me that the total came out to $30.82. I had no idea why it was so expensive as I expected the bill to be around $27 plus maybe tax. To my pleasant surprise, the total came out to $27.52 when I picked up the order. Why was the telephone total so much higher? Have no idea. But I did conclude that I will not be going back there anytime soon due to its very average tasting food and its somewhat expensive prices. Maybe dining there would be a different experience...