US$506
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$249
US$236
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$287
Omni Hotels
US$242
  • Restaurant
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$337
US$279
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$301
US$237
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$252
  • Pool
Hilton San Francisco Financial District(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$283
Hotels.com
3,006 results
All reviewsunion squarecable carpowell and bushgreat locationtwo blocksstay there againgood sizebed was very comfortablelarge bathroomking suiteboutique hotelpowell stfront desk staffstreet sidewonderful hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcontinental breakfast
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We spent a couple of nights in San Francisco at the end of a business trip and located a good deal for the Orchard Hotel on Expedia for TD. With the $CDN the way it is right now, we needed every break we could!

Sometimes Expedia specials are hit and miss, but in this case the hotel was amazing. We arrived in the morning expecting to just drop of luggage and head out for the day, but the room was ready for us, which made the day all that much better.

The room was large and well appointed, with a nice mini-bar fridge with enough space to put a few store-bought items.

The washroom was amazing...large and very well organized with lots of towels and great amenities.

All this was made even better by the staff who were all friendly and helpful, right down to housekeeping, who notice a light out in the bathroom (which we didn't) and had it replaced before we noticed.

We will definitely return to the Orchard, as soon as the dollar gets closer to par

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Collins C, Owner at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

I'm so glad that you are now aware of us! Next time you can book directly with us for the best price. It's wonderful to know that our place was a comfortable and accommodating spot to call home during your visit, and we look forward to having you back next time you're in the states.

Until then,

Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is quite small and has excellent service. The price level: highly inflated, but that was a function of the market given the many conferences in town during the week of my stay. On the other hand, I did not see many other guests. The rooms were okay, and quite large. But I do not fancy showering in a bathtub at this price level. Backyard view. Also, the personell always turned off the fan, this should be automatic in 2016 near the Silicon Valley.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank M
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

While our prices are on par with similar hotels in the area, I'm sorry if your room rate was a little higher than you would have liked, Frank. We do our best to make our guests feel comfortable in their room, and I apologize for any small areas where we may have fallen short. Overall, it sounds like you had a pleasant visit, and we thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We'd love to have you back next time you're in the area!

Reviewed March 1, 2016

Very comfortable hotel and in an ideal location, minutes away from Union Square.
No tea and coffee facilities in the room, but available in hotel reception.
Plenty of restaurants around without wandering too far and a mini supermarket a couple of doors down.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LandS21
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

I'm glad you chose to call our place home during your visit to San Francisco! It sounds like you had fun exploring the city's restaurants, and we'd love to have you back next time you're traveling through the area.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

The Orchard is a very nice hotel close to small cafes and restaurants. My sister and I had a spacious, up-to-date room. The hotel is very close to Chinatown and Union Square. The only drawback is that it's uphill from Union Square.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Those San Francisco hills sure are tough -- even for us natives! I hope you didn't have too much trouble walking back to the hotel from Union Square and applaud you and your sister for making the trek. It sounds like you two had a lovely visit to the City by the Bay, and we hope to have you back next time you're in the area.

Until then,

Reviewed February 24, 2016

Stayed for two nights for a business/pleasure trip with my (8 month pregnant) wife.

Good: Staff was extremely friendly, generally went the extra mile to help us. The night doorman / concierge Sergio was especially helpful. The desk staff was always very pleasant and helpful. Twice I needed to book taxis/cars the night before for the subsequent morning and the staff was very good about dealing with this: the cars arrived slightly early both times. Location was excellent, near union square and Chinatown as well as a number of restaurants and shops. Public transport was pretty close by as well.
We had a room with a single king bed. Upon check-in, due to my wife being pregnant, I requested a room with a walk-in shower, which they fulfilled quickly and easily. The room was generally in good condition. Not huge, but clean and relatively well appointed. The free WiFi worked well in our 4th floor room (even for streaming TV which my wife did). There was also a mini-fridge which was very useful. We had a view right on the street and although heard some general city noises, it was overall relatively quiet.

The bad: We had only one minor quibble. After the first night we were there, I was out on business all day and my wife walked around the city for several hours, first from early morning until about 11:30, and then shortly after until 4 pm in the afternoon. Neither time did they clean the room. When she came back at 4 pm, almost immediately after she came back she was asked in the room if they could clean then or in another half hour, despite her putting the "do not disturb" sign on the door. She then told them she was OK with not having the room cleaned and went back to sleep. The next day, when we were packing to check out, a cleaning person again knocked on the door to ask if they could clean the room even though we were checking out in about 1-1.5 hours (and check out time was not for another 2 hours). So I think they could use some better coordination with their cleaning staff.

Other: Did not use the on-site gym or try the on-site restaurant, so have no comment on either.

In summary we had an overall very pleasant stay, and, for San Francisco, I thought the price was reasonable for the amenities and service we received. I would likely stay there again if travelling to San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank mbaltman
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

The last thing we want is to cause our guests any kind of disturbance, so I'm very sorry if our cleaning schedule did not coincide with your personal schedule and regret any frustration you were caused as a result. That aside, I'm glad you found our accommodations to be comfortable and the staff to be helpful during your quick visit to San Francisco. Thanks for choosing our hotel for your stay, and I look forward to having you back next time you're in the area!