“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

def a very business oriented hotel, but it still good for anyone heading on vacation to san fran. the hotel is in a business district, but also not very far from any attractions. the rooms are beautiful, well kept, and the staff is amazing. we stayed here for part of our honeymoon, and they upgraded us to one of the suites! great hotel and def recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was pleasantly suprised by my beautiful room upon arrival. Very spacious and furnished with high standards.The staff go out of their way to please and make you fell very welcome. I love having breakfast in the restarant every monring during my stay...as it filled me up until dinner. It's close to all great sigh seeing locations and is a step away from the famous cable car. I would definately stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Join the GHA and get free wireless internet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Milo3056
Melrose, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My partner and I throughly enjoyed our recent stay at the OMNI Hotel San Francisco. The service, ambiance, staff consideration, and feeling of welcomeness, certainly enhanced our six day visit. This is our second OMNI, we stay at the OMNI Royal Orleans when ever in New Orleans and have never been disappointed there either. It's hard to go home after spending a week at an OMNI! Thanks to all for a great week!

1 Thank Thomas F
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We've been staying at the Omni San Francisco every time we have visited that beautiful city, beginning right after it opened. It is incredible, and never disappoints. The rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated, and have just been completely redone. But the staff,and the services they provide, are what makes a stay at the Omni truly incredible. Whether it is the manager, the desk clerk, the bellman, the maid, the room service waiter, or the concierge -- all of them are wonderfully friendly and helpful. They remember and recognize you, typically greet you by (last) name, and offer to assist. And they are incredibly informative as well. For example, during our most recent trip we consulted the concierge about new nearby restaurants (we are quite familiar with the older ones), and he not only displayed incredibly detailed knowledge of the nearby culinary delights but, since I was in no hurry and was interested, also gave me some wonderful background information about each establishment he mentioned, its owner, and its principal chef. My parting thought was simple: "Wow, this guy really knows his stuff!" Finally, I should mention that the Omni's location, at California and Montgomery Streets, is close to financial firms (on Montgomery), not far from Union Square (for shopping), just a block from a cluster of outdoor restaurants at Belden Place, about thirty feet from one of the main streetcar stops, and just a brief taxi ride from literally hundreds of wonderful restaurants (in addition to having one on its premises).

We've stayed elsewhere when the Omni has been fully booked, but have never found a rival hotel that can match the Omni.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more likely to have good views of the city.
3 Thank William P
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The rooms are quiet and well-appointed with marble bathrooms. The staff of both the hotel and restaurant are top notch from the valet to the clerks. The location is convenient to the financial district as well as Union Square and Chinatown. Sign up for their hotel guest reward program and receive complimentary beverage and newspaper in the morning delivered right to your door. You will feel right at home!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and you will be located away from the elevators
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SJ S
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Checked into the Omni this weekend for a quick business meeting and brought my wife along. At first impression she absolutely loved it. The warm tea to cut through the cold SF weather was perfect service. The ambiance, the cleanliness, all up to usual Omni standards. You just cannot ask for much more than what the Omni provides. SF has a lot of hotel options for those in town for a quick getaway or for work purposes, but I would not hesitate to stay at the Omni!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian L
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at the San Francisco Omni from 17th to 24th March. This was my second stay at the hotel and I am pleased to say that I found it as excellent as my first visit.

Firstly, I have to thank Sarah Crown for her assistance in dealing with my room request prior to my stay. She gave first class customer service and it was an absolute pleasure to deal with her.

Secondly I would like to comment on a couple of reviews below which I believe are unfair to the housekeeping staff. My experience at the Omni is that the same high standard of cleaning is carried out irrespective of whether a tip is left or not and housekeepers are certainly not noisy. I stayed for five nights on my first visit and seven nights this time. On each occasion I cannot fault anything about the way in which my room was maintained. As far as I am concerned the housekeepers are friendly, hard working and meticulous. I certainly did not hear any door slamming by them and I was in and out of my room at various times during the day. The only door slamming I heard was in the early hours of the morning by guests returning to their rooms. I very much doubt that the housekeepers are cleaning rooms at 02.47! As an aside, I fail to understand why some guests have no consideration for other people and seem incapable of shutting a door quietly rather than attempting to remove it from it’s hinges. Perhaps they live in door less houses and have not fully grasped the concept of how a door should be closed!

OK, having gotten that off my chest, I will get to the review.

Although I have previously reviewed this hotel it is a real pleasure to spend time preparing another review as the standard of the hotel warrants it. The location is great. An easy transfer from SFO by BART and short (flat) walk up Montgomery. It is only a short distance to Union Sq and an equally short distance to North Beach and my favourite bars! An excellent welcome and speedy check in from staff who really seem to want to go that extra mile to be helpful. All the staff I encountered were, in fact, first class in all respects. Rooms are a good size and, as aforementioned, well maintained. Beds are comfortable and there is a good selection of pillows. The Wi Fi signal is strong and I suggest joining the (free) Select Guest programme to avoid a $9.95 daily charge. Other benefits of the programme include complimentary water, beverages and turn down service. It is well worth spending the short time it takes to join. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room and also a mini bar. The large comfortable chair and footrest were particularly beneficial after a day negotiating the hills of San Francisco.

I can’t comment on the bar or Bob’s Steak and Chop House as I haven’t used either. To be quite honest there are so many great places to eat and drink in this wonderful city it seems a shame not to get out and enjoy them.

I have seriously lost count of the number of hotels I have stayed in over the years both for business and leisure. I have a lot of experience of the good and the bad and, take it from me, I am not easily pleased especially as regards noise and cleanliness. The San Francisco Omni is, without any shadow of doubt, one of the best hotels I have stayed in and ticks all the boxes. My next stay is already booked for September and I fully intend to return in 2013. My advice is to give it a try. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quiet but do not have a street view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo