“Easy, fun, and friendly”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #3 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
sac
“Easy, fun, and friendly”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Omni has to be the best hotel in SF. The staff is super friendly. Check in can be done on your phone and your keys will be waiting for you when you arrive, no lines. The concierge is exceptional. Customer service top notch. I had a discrepancy on my bill and they reversed the charge only after I found out I should have been charged as my roomate used the phone while I was out. The value is unbeatable! Five stars in my book.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 123Sac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
south windsor, CT
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at the Omni San Francisco with my daughter for a weekend during my April vacation. The location was excellent. We walked, or rode the trolley everywhere. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. Best of all, the room was clean and very quiet. We never heard hallway noise or city noise. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in San Francisco!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank runner13
Brentwood, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was the first time I stayed at the Omni. It was a 4 day business trip and I could not have been more pleased with the service and hospitality. Upon leaving and entering the hotel throughout each day, the staff, from the front desk to the valet to housekeeping, welcomed me and inquired if there was anything I needed. Hotels can often be impersonal and lack a sense of warmth but I found the Omni a welcome respite from the workday stress. I'll be back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Will D
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is a beautiful historic hotel in a great location - quick walk to the waterfront and Union Square, etc. The rooms are very nice sized and well maintained. Overall, the facilites are great, including the gym.

What sets this property apart is the staff. I have stayed at many high end hotels and the warm, friendly, and attentive service from the staff of this hotel ranks up with the very best. Every single person I encountered was delightful - I stayed 3 nights and the valets, doormen, front desk folks, and housekeeping folks all went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The concierge (I believe his name was Lex) gave us some excellent advice as we were departing for a weekend in wine country. I can't say enough about how great everyone was.

While there may be more grand hotels in SF, with more modern facilities, I strongly believe you will not find one with better service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MOTraveler010
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed 5 nights in a group of 3: me, husband and son 7 y.o.
Standart room is not big, we had 2 double beds. Location is good, 10-12 min walking from Market street.
Cable car goes along California street in front of hotel, with it's specific sound, so - choose higher floors if you are bad sleeper.
Breakfast is not included, price is high, menu is typically american: eggs, fries, bacon, pankakes, so european guests feel a little bit unsatisfied without vegetables, good choice of cheese, pastry, ham, yougurt e c.t. ...
My impression about hotel is good, but not perfect.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Phylomela
La Condamine, Monaco
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed 2 nights, I was not feeling so well on my trip and ordered room service for breakfast and dinner and the service was very fast and accurate. This is the perfect hotel for 555 California Street (old BofA building) as it is just across the street.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank GRIJNS
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I turned 55 on 5/5, I wanted a special way to celebrate. I chose to visit San Francisco to walk the labyrinths at Grace Cathedral (I've been leading labyrinth walks in Albuquerque for 14 years) and visit what I remember to be a wonderful city when I visited in '85 and '92.
I was at a loss at where to stay. I'd heard SF had a big bedbug problem, and hotels were pricey. Several of my other choices showed incidences of bedbugs on www.bedbugregistry.com. Then I found the Omni, which was blissfully absent from those lists, so I had peace of mind. As a AAA member, I procured an affordable rate for what looked like a lovely hotel.
Upon arrival, I realized what a great find this place was. It was PERFECTLY situated for every place we wanted to visit (within walking distance from the BART that my sweetie and I rode in from the airport and down California cable car line away from Grace). Check in/out was instantaneous; every staff member we encountered was friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel put out a bowl of apples each afternoon which was a nice snack after touring all day.
I don't think I have ever slept as well in a hotel as I did in this one - the bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was clean and neat. Even the CARPET was immaculate and very comfortable to walk on.
As an added bit of serendipity, we happened to meet the architect responsible for the hotel renovation, while brunching Saturday morning at Mo's. He was sitting at the counter with us and we struck up a conversation. He and his firm did a stunning job - you will not find a more beautiful hotel. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Stay there!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple