“Excellent food choices”

The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: Geary Street
Transit: - Powell Street BART station. - #30 Stockton Bus (Stockton/Geary stop going south, Kearney/Geary stop going north). - #38 Geary Bus (Stockton/O'Farrell stop going east, Geary/Stockton stop going west).
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had lunch at the Rotunda and was pleasantly surprised by the food. Many restaurants give you very small portions. I had the poached salmon salad. It had sunflower seeds and mustard seeds along with the salmon, lettuce and potatoes.
It had a very light olive oil salad dressing. I found it delicious. Dessert was a combination of panna cotata with mango caviar. This was an unknown dessert for me. I found the combination of flavors to be incredible. Yes it is expensive but the choices are very unusual. I would go again.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is located in Neiman Marcus store from Union Square. This is an elegant place, quite expensive, with good service, tasty couvert and healthy food well presented; for each course from the menu they present also the calories/energetic value. You can also have afternoon tea with cookies. We have taken: cobfit duck salad, salmon, crab salad, burger and cookies as desert. All were good and tasty.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

When visiting the city we always make it a tradition to have lunch at the Rotunda. In years past we enjoyed the view from our window seat and the food was very good. However, a true disappointment when we were seated at an extremely small table for two by the window. When I requested to be moved I was told we could not seat at a table of four, but we could be moved to the back of the room in a booth. My husband had to sit with his back to the window and was barely able to pull his chair out. Talk about being crammed in a very small space. The most uncomfortable we have been to any restaurant in the city. My husband and I both ordered the Burger. When served we both noticed we had fruit flies in our lettuce. I immediately called our server Megan and showed her these insects. She offered to take the meals and have them replaced, but did say that the lettuce was organic. So…..does that not mean it still can’t be washed before served? Needless to say both my husband and I lost our appetite . We received our bill and much to our surprise we were not given a credit for either meal, but instead was given a cookie box of three cookies at a cost of $11.00 as a token for our inconvenience. Never had we been so disappointed and would have expected a manger to at least approach us and apologize. BTW don’t bother to ask for window seat. All you will see is construction on a new subway at the intersection below that will not be completed for another two years.

1  Thank PJ6979
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I love afternoon tea so I try to go wherever I travel to. I decided to try the afternoon tea ($45/person) here primarily because it was slightly cheaper than The Palace Hotel ($68/person). The ambiance is casual and it's not a typical afternoon tea venue since they also serve lunch here. When we got seated, we were given a starter which was basically chicken broth served in a tiny teacup and a popover with strawberry butter. The popover was warm and soft but the strawberry butter had barely a hint of strawberry. As for their afternoon tea service, they offer Dammann Frères teas (French tea company) paired with the typical scones with jams and cream, mini sandwiches (cucumber, smoked salmon and lobster sandwich) and petite desserts. My husband opted for their lobster club sandwich instead, which was a good size portion for $34. We paid the bill leaving no leftovers.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

My friend and I love to do tea at The Brown Palace in Denver so while we were in San Francisco we decided to test out a new place. The popovers were great, however I felt the sandwiches and desserts were lacking. The Rotunda was beautiful and it was a fun experience, but next time we're in the city I think we'll try elsewhere.