“Mixed feelings”
Review of Aida Hotel

Aida Hotel
Ranked #204 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I didn't choose 'the Aida, because of price only....

I do travel a lot and I simply don't like the Marriotts and Hiltons of this world. They're boring and overpriced.

Hotels like the Aida have charisma and personality. It's one of the oldest buildings in San Francisco right on the Market Street.

This was my 4th stay in this place. I have to say, it's not getting better :-(
While I still love the style, I wish it would be cleaner. The bed was clean, but the room was a bit smelly. I really would hate to see this place being renewed and ending up in a luxury anonymous Hotel like many others, but I would suggest management to spend a bit more on cleanness, e.g. changing carpets and soft re-new some of the rooms. I likely will go there again when in San Francisco, but that's me - Most of my colleges probably wouldn't stay there for a single night.

Room Tip: Just make sure you got a private bathroom...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Walter H

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Aida Plaza is a very basic (perhaps two-star) hotel right in the heart of Market street, by the entrance to the Civic Center BART station (meaning you'll reach the airport in 25 minutes). There's a CVS right next to the hotel. The location is definitely this hotel's strongest pro. Otherwise, expect modest accommodations (not all rooms have en-suite bathrooms so make sure to pick your room carefully when booking if you require a bathroom) at modest prices. The front desk (24/7) staff is friendly and rooms are reasonably clean.

Wi-fi is free but doesn't reach all rooms.

I would recommend this hotel to guests who do not need pampering and appreciate good prices.

Room Tip: Only a handful of rooms have Market street views, the rest open to small inner courtyards. Wi-fi doe...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ffay005
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Was in this hotel during the business trip this autumn. I had not the best impression from the hotel. It looks like this building had better times 50 years ago. Now it looks like piece of old American West. Funny part was breakfast, which consisted of donuts and big can of coffee for all hotel visitors. Elevator is not fastest on the planet as well :) But the best thing about this hotel is it's price. Recommended for budget traveller.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LeoneG9568QQ
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Stayed at this hotel for one night towards the end of September. Hotel management wanted to edit our review. In fact, this hotel should have been closed down by health inspectors years ago. It is not even value for money as you can find better accommodation to stay in San Francisco at a cheaper price. This hotel is also a health hazard. We stayed on the 6th floor and it was a disgusting. It stunk; it was itchy - possible mould spores, lice, etc. The one window - which needed to be open - did not have safety glass on it and in this small room, there was nothing stopping someone tripping and falling twenty metres to their death. Service was distrustful. Outside on the street, lots of homeless people and people lingering on street corners.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank oztravller16
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I was pleased the room was clean, towels and linens clean. A funky old hotel and affordable. I would stay again. There shower and bathroom was down the hall but there was a sink in the room. I found it to be tolerable.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Napaman7
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place advertises as Aida Plaza hotel to attract people when in fact its name is just Aida Hotel. It boasts of air conditioned room and only has a heater that turns on only at nights for 5 hours starting midnight and is only for 15 minutes every hour.

Room Tip: I will never ever recommend anyone to this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanMohds
Reviewed 15 October 2016

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in mid September : 2 consecutive nights and 1 more night after a 7-day tour to YellowStone.
We were very disappointed on arrival as the hotel was located in an area of poor neighborhood: homeless people and black youngsters yelling on the opposite side of the street. We wanted to change hotel but couldn’t as rooms were booked online under non-refundable terms.
On the 2nd night, my friend went out to dine with friends. As I had to go out alone, stupidly I left my ID card, credit card and US$700 in 2 small bags under the pile of bath towels on the cupboard aiming to take back as soon as I returned from dinner. I forgot the whole thing!
Luckily when we returned to stay for the 3rd night after the tour, we found that the good-hearted Chinese cleaning lady had found my bags and kept them in their safe for me.
My sincere thanks to her!!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends