“Love this restaurant!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: Ellis St.
Transit: Muni, BART Powell St. station is 1/2 block away.
Description: First Crush offers a "casual upscale" atmosphere for individuals, private events and large parties in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square district, featuring the largest all-California wine list in the city. Low ceilings, polished decor and a cool backdrop of ambient music contribute to an intimate setting for enjoying First Crush's elegant American French cuisine. The restaurant has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for fourteen years running.
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Every time we come to SF we go to First Crush. Every time we go to First Crush we have a really good meal and wine. This time was no exception. Their CA wine list is extensive and each time we go I find another wine I REALLY like! Their lamb lollipop appetizer was my main course...4 chops with just enough meat for me. I would suggest when you reserve a table, tell them you want a table at the rear of the restaurant. It's quieter there. We were seated at the first table from the entrance and people walked by us all the time. The rest rooms are downstairs. There's an elevator for handicapped access, though.
Love this place!

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Catching up with friends on a short visit to SF - this was around the corner from our Hotel. Staff was very accommodating and the wine flights were a fun way to try a few options of our favourite varietals.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Excellent food, but pricey as is all of San Francisco. Needed reservations, but got right in at our reserved time. Friendly staff. I had the lobster mac and cheese...yummy! Not a lot of items on the menu, but something for everyone I think. Close to Hilton San Francisco Union Square motel. Wine menu is great!

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Nice little spot close to Union Square. Great wine list, nice small plates. Great place for a couples retreat! We will be back. Thank you, Andy Correa , for a lovely evening!

1  Thank Kimmerdan9000
Reviewed June 8, 2016

My son and I went to dinner here. Excellent food. Small, but cozy atmosphere. Unhurried and relaxed service.