“Fancy chocolcate breakfast”

Neighbourhood: Mission Dolores
Neighbourhood: Mission Dolores
Reviewed February 18, 2020

I give 5 stars first.

A fancy chocolcate breakfast place, very nice, I did not see any place as same as here in Toronto Canada. I like very much. Hope come back some day.

Recommend the traditional hot chocolate and chocolate cereal with sauce, very delicious.

Cheers.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 20,130,124
Write a reviewReviews (276)

Reviewed February 16, 2020

It all started with the simple sign outside. While on a "local Coffee/bakery trip" in San Francisco I couldn't help but indulge my curiosity on a local chocolate shop we saw along the way.

The moment we opened their door we were greeted with the delightful aroma of serious chocolate while presented with the unexpected sight of a spacious and elegant bar-scene focusing on the world of Chocolate.

Featuring a wide counter with a sample of their confections, a wraparound bar defines the perimeter of their in-house chocolate "factory" scene for every visitor to see. Complete with a coffee menu, the place offers a wide array of delectable chocolate beverages and confections. Though it's tempting to give into the fancy coffee-based chocolate creations, nothing beats their simple "European Drinking chocolate" in showcasing the true quality of their business. It's volume is not to be underestimated (Hint: It's Not remotely comparable to a "Signature" Hot Coco).

Staff is generally informative and friendly amid the busy atmosphere of a clearly popular place. It's definitely a must-see in town, especially for the chocolate lovers among us.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2020 via mobile

You can sample their wares from sweet to completely bitter, all blended with other ingredients. The marshmallows are made in house and are delicious. Full coffee and dessert menu.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank greatcats
Reviewed November 21, 2019

Chocolate here is dark and intense -- not for the faint of taste-bud! Try the European drinking chocolate with home-made marshmallows as a pick-me-up after a long day.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

Some friends took me here while I was in town on vacation. Honestly one of the cutest and most polite chocolate shops I've ever been to. We got the last sampler plate for the day and I'm so glad we did. Literally amazing! The passion fruit macaron was the most amazing macaron ever! Just the right amount of sweetness and you could actually enjoy the light, refreshing taste of the passion fruit. I wish I could have bought a dozen of them, but it was probably best I couldn't. ;) We also ordered some coffees, which I honestly can't remember the names of. Mine was just a tad bit too bitter for my taste, but the others were delightful. If you enjoy finer chocolates, definitely put this place on your to go to list. I will be back.

Date of visit: September 2019