“Great pizza in the Castro” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Philadelphia, PA
“Great pizza in the Castro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

grab a slice, your beverage of choice, grab a seat and watch the Castro go by. Great value and staff in what this East Coaster likes in a pizza!

Visited November 2011

“Good NY Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Even from a jaded NY pizza lover this was still pretty good pizza. It's a good local place. I wouldn't go out out of my way to go here but it's good

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GRRRREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

The pizza slices were big and delicious, Chiloula hot sauce was provided. Sit and enjoy your pizza while you watch the most amazing display of strange people walk by, including a gentleman wearing nothing but hiking boots and big grey socks, and a big dude in motorcycle leathers walking a pommeranian. Anyone who goes to san francisco needs to make a quick stop here.

• Visited June 2011
Austin, Texas
“Some of the best pizza I've ever had...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

...and that's to say a lot because I've had pizza from everywhere. I can't put into words how delicious the pizza was..so just go and try it yourself!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank galwifey
ny
“I found love in the Castro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Yes, indeed...I found love in the Castro...No...Not the kind of love that often ends in recriminations, hurled cutlery and eventual calls to Jacoby and Meyers, but deep, abiding, true love...the kind that Shakespeare wrote sonnets about. The love that I speak of is, of course, reserved for the "You Say Potato" pizza at Escape From NY. Pesto, tons of roasted garlic, and.....wait for it....slices of potato. Now I know what you're thinking. That's one starch too many. But trust me, my friends. This is the ne plus ultra slice. Manna from frickin' heaven. Last meal before they send me to the electric chair. The big "O" of pizza. I have found my holy grail. Game over. I can die happily now.

And here's the kicker....I live in NY...and I can't get a slice with pesto or roasted garlic around here if my life depended on it. So weep for me, California. Your pizza may have escaped from NY, but unlike Snake Pliskin, I'm still trapped in the land of red sauce.

• Visited June 2011