“Great Value”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Hard to rate this restaurant. The good dishes were excellent. The others were average. The value was fantastic for San Francisco with Entrees around $12-13. Ambiance is minimal, but it feels like a restaurant for locals, so you don't feel so touristy when there. The location is very good, being a short walk from the dragons gate.
As for the specific dishes:
chicken wings were fantastic for what they were. The crust was like a crispy/crunchy potato chip wrapped around tender meat.
Orange chicken was great, perhaps the best I've had, since it wasn't overly sweet or overly breaded. Tasted like an entree rather than a dessert.
The Hot and sour soup and special chow mein were both good, but not extraordinary.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

This place had a great menu selection with pictures, making it easy to read. There were a lot of locals eating in this establishment. The man at the entrance seated guests segregating Asian and non-Asian. Non-Asians were not offered tea.

My mouth was watering for chow fun but we were told they were completely out of chow fun. The pork chow mein, chxn chow mein and pot stickers were delicious.

A sign on the door indicated they deliver.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I went on a Friday at lunchtime, so I had to wait, first for a seat and then for someone to take my order. I ordered Szechuan Pork with rice, a lunch special. I was disappointed, but it was probably my mistake for ordering a Szechuanese dish in a Cantonese restaurant. I will go back soon and give it a second chance.
It’s a very popular place with the Chinese community, so I figure it must be good.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

This is the late Rosa Park’s old haunt. I reckon many political discussions were made while feasting on traditionally cooked Cantonese food.The ambience is not-instagram pretty but the food is always spot on flavorful,cooked to order and the service friendly(almost bordering on semi-solicitous).Salt and pepper fried chicken is one of the most popular items here but my go to dish is off menu-delicious clay pot rice with your choice of toppings ( duck,bacon,salted fish, pork, chinese sausage).

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Just had an early dinner here with young family. The surroundings are not your high end restaurant at all but we loved the buzz of local people enjoying great food in a basic but great setting. The food was excellent and got to say the chicken wings were the best we’ve ever had - a must try! The whole meal was great. We got talking to a large table beside us who were elder people of the local community who were an absolute hoot and said they’d lived in the area since the 60’s and this was their favourite place. We loved the place and would highly recommend it. Just don’t expect the red carpet experience