1,478 results
All reviews butler service metropolitan suite remede spa room service blackout shades museum of modern art four seasons house car lobby bar yerba buena gardens indoor pool soaking tub turn down service closet space five star hotel moscone center beautiful hotel
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Stayed for two nights in April. Room was okay; a little small for USA but I live in Asia not so bad for me. My room had nice view. Gym was good. Internet is free and fast. So far so good, right? Well.......

Breakfast was only so-so in terms of taste and service was pretty slow. But the real shocker was my experience in the lobby bar at 9:00pm on a Friday night. A group of 6 young women entered the bar, split up into pairs and started trying to flirt with and approach all of the guys in the bar. I was with my father who is 80 years old so we were left alone but the two guys seated next to us got approached three times in fifteen minutes; one very loud pair of girls was very persistent asking for room numbers and wanting to go upstairs "to get high and get wild. After the two men talked to one girl for 2-3 minutes and rejected her suggestion to go upstairs together, she got angry and said they still had to pay her US $50 "for taking up her time"! About an hour later a different group of girls came in and did the same thing. I noted the bartenders seem to know the girls so I guess this is a regular occurrence (?). Worst of all when I got back to my room that night there was an envelope under my door addressed to me by first and last name containing 6 "free"drink tickets and complimentary entrance tickets for a nearby strip club. The envelope and paper were official St Regis stationery. Clearly someone who was working in the bar or hotel is giving out stationery, room numbers and guest names to girls and sleazy places nearby. I was pretty shocked. When checking out the next morning I raised the issue with front desk staff. They looked embarrassed but said "the bar is a public place" and then wouldn't make eye contact. Pretty lousy performance by a brand a thought represented true class!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
15  Thank TokyoGlobetrotter
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at all of the 5 star hotels in San Fransisco, and St Regis, is by far the nicest one I've been to yet. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, and had all the modern accents that I really like. For me, quality of room service is a big make or break, and St Regis did not disappoint. The spa was great and my massage was one of the best I've had in a long time. Obviously if I have to point out a con on the hotel, I'd prefer it to be a little less expensive, but in San Fran, nothing seems to be inexpensive. Overall it truly is a 5 star property and will be going back to this hotel from now on for my stay in the city by the bay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed July 14, 2016

we were a group of 10 and had a great time. they upgraded one of the rooms to a suite which became the highlight of our holiday as we then could have breakfast all together in our suite. the room service was also excellent and they took special care as we are vegetarians.

their conceirge was also very helpful in making us plan our day and our other meals.

would love to go back there again.

The only thing that i was not comfortable with was that they dont have changing rooms near the swimming pool and they have some in the spa which they dont all the house guests also to use and one time they were not open only.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip to the city. The hotel is really nice, comfy and very modern interior with a location that is close to many managers based in the city. We traveled to many of the meetings in the city by foot.
We had dinner in "Grill" Resturant and the food was really good too.
Would really recommend it for business travel.
For families and holidays, a more relaxing set-up and a hotel a bit closer to Union Square might be better suited (not that this hotel won't do).

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Charles W, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Dear Mohammed A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience, and sincerely appreciate your high recommendation of our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit to San Francisco, as we hope to welcome you back soon.

Charles Williams
Director of Front Office
415-284-4031
Charles.williams@stregis.com

Reviewed July 6, 2016

My company hosted an executive breakfast at the St. Regis, and it was somewhat of a letdown. The venue was outside under a big tent overlooking Union Square, and since the event began early in the morning, the temperature was too cool for comfort. The two portable electric heaters installed by the hotel were woefully inadequate. Also, since we were basically ‘outside’, the street noise was more than apparent. At one point, 7:30 AM to be precise, the introduction of our panel speakers was rudely interrupted by clanging church bells. Maybe the church was doing maintenance. Maybe a famous diplomat was having his baby baptized. I don’t know. But I do know that the bell rang about 19 times.

The food provided by the hotel wasn’t stellar either, appearing far more continental than gourmet. There were croissants, cut fruit, dry cereal, and the St. Regis equivalent of an Egg McMuffin. At the price we paid, approximately $70 per head totaling almost as much as my bathroom renovation, I would have expected champagne, smoked salmon, eggs cooked to order, and Eggs Benedict.

Rooms in the hotel might well be memorable, but based on how little we received for the money we spent on our event, I am suspicious about St. Regis’ price/performance ratio across the board.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Charles W, Director of Catering & Event Management at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2016

Dear Cherry_Wonderdog,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent event at The St. Regis San Francisco. I regret to hear of your disappointment with the location of the meeting and your quality of your breakfast, as we strive to make each experience exceed expectations. I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team and encourage you to contact me directly to further discuss the details of the event.
Gena Chen