1,459 results
All reviews butler service metropolitan suite remede spa room service blackout shades house car four seasons museum of modern art lobby bar yerba buena gardens indoor pool soaking tub turn down service closet space five star hotel moscone center beautiful hotel
Reviewed October 24, 2018

We had such a great experience at the St. Regis!

We stayed during the strike and the management did a great job making up for the inconvenience. We booked through Amex FHR and received all of the benefits at check-in along with a great room upgrade. The hotel is beautiful and modern. The spa and pool are both very clean and definitely worth checking out. The restaurant was closed because of the strike but a buffet style breakfast was prepared and it was amazing!

Highly recommend staying here, we can't wait to return!

2  Thank Stay819278
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Stayed at the St. Regis for a weekend visit and were surprised to find out that Marriott workers are striking in San Francisco resulting in significant protests and a very short staff at the hotel. It was too late to make a change though I wish we had made the effort after walking by the Ritz and checking it out. As far as the SR goes, it's a nice property in a good location. Our room was comfortable and had a nice view. Other than that I can't comment on service as that part of the hotel is currently not operating as usual. Breakfast was a fairly lackluster buffet with a few chafing dished of hot items plus fruit, cereal, a few pastries. No turn down, no minibar service, no butler, etc. We didn't really try to get any service as it was clear they were not able to handle requests. In addition to that, you have to cross the picket line to get into the hotel which I did not enjoy and you also get woken up at 7 am with protesters on bullhorns and banging plastic drums, blowing horns, etc. The hotel should have notified us of this before we arrived but they did not. They gave us some starwood points but that really didn't make up for the situation.

Room tip: As high a floor as possible to avoid noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Igetaroundconb
Andre B, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear Igetaroundconb,

I sincerely apologize for your recent experience at The St. Regis San Francisco, and the loud noise and limited hotel services that affected your stay. We regret that we were unable to provide you with a five-star visit and encourage you to contact us to further discuss your experience.

Andre Brose
Hotel Manager
415-284-4000

Reviewed October 20, 2018

We stayed at the St. Regis during an anesthesiology conference at the Moscone Center. I was informed only 2 days prior to my stay that Marriott workers were on strike and that amenities would be decreased significantly. This was much too late to change my reservation and find another hotel.

Amenities that are normally included in the room price were unavailable. No room service, no breakfast (other than a buffet that had the exact same set of items for all 5 days of my stay), no lunch available on site, dinner served only in the lounge area, very limited housekeeping service during our stay. And while I respect the right of workers to strike- from 7am to 10pm we could hear the drums, whistles, police sirens, pots and pans and someone on a megaphone chanting "all day, all night" from our room on the 17th floor of the hotel. Yikes! Luckily we were not here to sleep in or relax as it wouldn't have been possible due to the strike. We were also very disappointed with the "car service" which is said to be available to transport you within 2 miles of the hotel- however, when my elderly mother and daughter wanted to go to the Aquarium, they waited over 45 minutes and still had to take a taxi to the Aquarium because a car never became available.

If this is a 5 star hotel, we certainly didn't notice during our visit from October 13-18th. In fact, when our room was ready at 4pm we were told our bags would be brought up. After waiting 30-40 minutes my mom and I went to the lobby and brought them up ourselves. Meh... I will think twice before staying at a Marriott hotel anytime soon. Offering some discount to the price of your stay due to the significant lack of amenities would be the decent thing to do for guests.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Tootsie2012
Andre B, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Dear Tootsie2012,

I hope you are well. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay.

Firstly I would like to apologize for our situation and the experience you encountered. The experience you described is not characteristic of the hotel due to the current labor negotiations we have in the city. We have contingency plans in place to try to ensure our guests experiences are not impacted as much as possible.

I completely understand that this experience is not normal from our hotel and I sincerely apologize if you were impacted by this.

Again we sincerely apologize about the experience!

Andre Brose
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Worst ‘5 Star’ hotel experience we’ve ever had. We stayed during the Marriott strikes and were shocked that the hotel was happy to charge us full rates while only providing half the normal services. No room service, limited menu in the lounge and limited housekeeping was the start of a horrible 4 night stay where we will NEVER stay at a St Regis hotel. Far worse than the above inconveniences was the striking at the hotel from 7 am in the morning to 9pm at night. We were sympathetic towards the workers and do not understand why the hotel can charge a premium and provide what was at best average service. We struggled to sleep due to the noise, our rooms weren’t tidied (although we keep our rooms clean) and yet we’re charge USD1,000 per night for the privilege. We won’t make the same mistake again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Edward_w1981
Andre B, Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear Edward_w1981,
I sincerely apologize for the limited hotel services and noise disturbances during your recent stay at The St. Regis San Francisco. We regret that we were unable to provide you with a five-star visit, and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your experience.

Felicity Wells
Director of Front Office
415-284-4000

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a great SF location. Stayed only one night for business. Convenient to public transportation and the best shopping and dining in SF.

Service was very friendly and thorough. My room was gorgeous and immaculately clean, however the bed was hard as a rock and the pillows flat, so I did not sleep well.

Breakfast the following day was attentive, and the choice provided to an SPG Platinum was impressive.

Might stay again but a good night’s sleep is an issue.

Date of stay: September 2018