“Local secret”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Cha-ya during my visit to the Mission district upon a recommendation of a friend. My lunch was delicious and fresh. The tempura vegies I ordered we're cooked perfectly. And the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Also love that it's fully vegetarian! Will be back next time I visit San Francisco!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and her boyfriend are regulars here and invited my wife and I for dinner. I'm not a vegetarian, but I was guided to a number of dishes that were well prepared and tasty. The wait staff was particularly friendly and helpful -- that went a long way in contributing to a lovely evening. This place is always busy so you should get reservations.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Cha Ya has great soups, hot pots, and more. The food is good! We had the Cha Ya Nabe - veggie hot pot with clear noodles, and a couple of special rolls. We really enjoyed our meal.
The service was great!
FYI - cash only. There is an ATM in the restaurant.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I ran into this place by accident and was plesantly surprised. It was a simple restaurant but packed at lunch time, clearly a hot spot. The menu had good variety, was all vegan and the prices, especially with the lunch time deals, were fair. The service was polite and helpful. I stuck around for 5-10 minutes after finishing my lunch during a bust Friday afternoon and wasn't rushed out.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This place is entirely dedicated for vegetarians! Even though I'm not a vegetarian I went there with a friend and it was great. We had the sushi with different variations such as eggplant, avocado and spinach. 5* for this location!
Note: the place accept cash only, definitely bring enough cash, if not, there is an ATM inside!