“Nice SF Feel”
Review of Salt House

Salt House
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #475 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd
Transit: Montgomery Station for both Muni and Bart riders.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Concierge at our nearby hotel recommend Salt House .
We called and squeezed our party of 6 if for Friday lunch
Great feel at the place . Lot of wood,large bar, stand up long tables and dining area with open kitchen.
Limited but varied menu.
Shishito peppers and poutine (fries , cheese and gravy ) were great apps.
For Entree I had Pork Ramen large serving with seasonings on the side.
Pork tacos were at hit as was the shrimp salad .
Mushroom soup was delicious .
The only food negative was the cheeseburger . Bland and undercooked .
Full bar service and large selection.
Service was great and I like that ask if want bread instead of bringing it and no one touches it .
Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Walked in on a whim on a busy business day for lunch with 6 people. Got seated in about 15 minutes and had a great meal.
From the tasty bread to our main dishes everyone enjoyed their order.
It's busy and noisy but in a good way. Got quiet as the lunch crowd went back to work (supposedly).
Great decor and make sure to look up at the cool lights.
It's been on my list for a long time, glad I finally went and hope to be back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

One of the best lambs I ever had, my wife had a soup that it was with any taste, my brother in law had the short rib and was really good, but the corn raviolis they were amazing!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The food and wine here was nice, but not outstanding. Fish meals were good. Service was efficient. Bit pricey for food and wine, but an overall good experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We were a party of 8 on a business dinner. The restaurant has a nice modern rustic feel and not overly noisy. The menu was fairly limited but presented enough options for everybody, with various proteins such as beef,pork, chicken, fish, seafood or simply vegetarian. We shared a few appetizers such as the Humboldt Fog cheese plate and shishito peppers. They were fairly good but nothing out-of-the ordinary.
The disappointment was the entree. Most of us opted for the special that night which was the salmon. It was prepared in an asian-fusion style with shiitake mushrooms in a broth accompanied by a crispy sushi rice cake. The description of the dish was mouth-watering. However, it did not live up to expectations. The broth was extremely salty and one-dimensional. All I could taste was the soy sauce and heavy-handed salt. The salmon and the rice cake were submerged in this salty liquid. I can only speak for the dish that I ordered and hope that it was just a miss that night.