“Great place for group dinner”
Review of Salt House

Salt House
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd
Transit: Montgomery Station for both Muni and Bart riders.
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Had great business dinner here for 8. Service was excellent, and suited a range of options for vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free. Food was superb, from starters to mains. I had the octopus and found it to be inventive and tasty. Wine list & cocktails also were great, in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

My colleagues and I were there recently on short notice. Service was prompt and the food really good. The burgers and salads are notable. Noise can be a bit trying but is manageable. It definitely is a good venue for business meetings and entertainment.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Concierge at our nearby hotel recommend Salt House .
We called and squeezed our party of 6 if for Friday lunch
Great feel at the place . Lot of wood,large bar, stand up long tables and dining area with open kitchen.
Limited but varied menu.
Shishito peppers and poutine (fries , cheese and gravy ) were great apps.
For Entree I had Pork Ramen large serving with seasonings on the side.
Pork tacos were at hit as was the shrimp salad .
Mushroom soup was delicious .
The only food negative was the cheeseburger . Bland and undercooked .
Full bar service and large selection.
Service was great and I like that ask if want bread instead of bringing it and no one touches it .
Enjoy!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Walked in on a whim on a busy business day for lunch with 6 people. Got seated in about 15 minutes and had a great meal.
From the tasty bread to our main dishes everyone enjoyed their order.
It's busy and noisy but in a good way. Got quiet as the lunch crowd went back to work (supposedly).
Great decor and make sure to look up at the cool lights.
It's been on my list for a long time, glad I finally went and hope to be back soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

One of the best lambs I ever had, my wife had a soup that it was with any taste, my brother in law had the short rib and was really good, but the corn raviolis they were amazing!