4,015 results
All reviews front desk heavenly bed great location union square market street floor to ceiling windows yerba buena gardens moscone center corner room higher floor business hotel business trip upon check great room around the corner valet parking an upgrade
Reviewed May 29, 2015 via mobile

I don't really care about the glitz or glamour. As long as its clean and friendly, I'm ok. What I do care about is when you charge me 24 dollars for a mediocre plate of food from your supposed amazing restaurant. That was shockingly dissapointing, and the only thing that gave it such a low score, otherwise it was a lovely experience.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Bridget C
Michael S, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2015

Dear Bridget C.,

Thank you for your feedback on your dining experience in our restaurant. We would like to apology for your less than stellar restaurant experience. Rest assured, we have noted your commentary and have advised our restaurant management team to address.

Reviewed May 29, 2015

This an outstanding hotel, for the quality of it's rooms, personnel quality, and excellent excellent location. My wife and I travel frequently and spend a good fraction of each year on the road. In San Francisco we've visited the St Regis hotel, the Palace hotel,the Westin St Francis and the W hotel in addition to the Park Central, which used to be called the Westin Market Street. The Park Central SF is by far the best of these hotels, especially for the quality of it's staff, who are very friendly and helpful. The staff at the St Regis are distant, the Palace can be unwelcoming despite the nice old building, the W staff don't seen to know what they are doing, and the Westin St Francis is a bit worn out, and a tourist trap.

Sara Picabo at the front desk has been extremely helpful lining up reservations on the right, days, informing us about San Francsco events, and locations to visit, as well as helping solve minor problems. The ease of working with her draws us to the Park Central SF Hotel.

Room Tip: best views on higher floors, quieter rooms, also on higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank bobw405

bobw405,

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear when our guests make personal connections with our team members. We truly believe that these connections help to enhance our guest experiences and create memorable moments throughout each visit. We hope that the team continue to ‘make your stay.’ We will be sure to share the positive feedback!

Reviewed May 29, 2015

The location is centrally located with quick access to bus routes, etc. and most locations you could walk to without problem, just need to be ready for some hills. The facility itself is updated but I feel it is far overpriced for what is here. I chose this location as it was a recommended site by the conference I attended but not sure I would stay here again. No pool, you pay extra for internet and no on location guest laundry. At hotel check in we were greeted by Wilson who did an amazing job. Most of the staff here are very kind and accommodating but if you are looking to have your room serviced while staying, don't plan on it. I understand that there is drought in California but when I have to call for fresh towels and ask to have my room serviced each time it needed some attention which was 3 times during an 8 day stay, well........ "did you sign up for our green option?" no I did not. This is not at all "you get what you paid for" as I expected MUCH more for the price we paid.

Room Tip: We asked to stay away from the elevator, we were not near the guest elevator but right next to staff elevator. They like to bump their housekeeping carts into the wall at 6am which is right behind the headboard.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that your arrival experience at the front desk exceed expectation.We appreciate the feedback and hope you choose us the next time your travels bring you to SF!

Reviewed May 29, 2015

My partner and I about a month ago recently stayed at this property. Before it had changed to "Park Central", we both had stayed numerous times at The Westin on Market. Which when we heard it was no longer going to be a SPG property we were both heartbroken! However, that changed and it stayed as an SPG property. Not only is this important due to our gold status, but also one of our FAVORITE desk agents works there...The always sweet, always making us "rock stars" Justin! Every visit before this has been amazing with him, and this one was of course was just like it! When we checked in, we were both THRILLED to see he was at the front desk for us. After catching up with him, he set us up in a wonderful room that had a spectacular view of the city. While getting ready for an evening out, a knock on the door came and when I opened it was a bottle of wine...And if you know us, wine is the way to our heart! Not that wine from the hotel is needed, but its little gestures without even asking like that to acknowledge the frequency we stay at this hotel to give that "rock star" feel.
Beyond just Justin(did we mention he's awesome?), all the staff from house keeping to the bar are wonderful. Out of all the SPG properties in San Francisco, this one will always have our hearts...Until next time Park Central!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Hi JTP1986,

Thank you for your review. It is also great to hear feedback from loyal repeat, Starwood preferred guests. We are delighted that you have such great experiences with our front desk, bar and housekeeping team members. Until next time indeed!

Reviewed May 29, 2015

We stayed here for a week this easter. I can recommend this hotel to everybody. The location was great and the staff were very helpful. The room was big enough that our two suitcase could lay open on the floor without having to crawl over them to walk around. I slept well in the bed, so no bad words about the bed. What is negative is that you have to pay for internet. For one day you have to pay 14 or 15 dollar.

If you take the elevator to the top floor, you'll see a beautiful view over the streets of San Francisco. You can also see a little bit of Alcatraz.

Enjoy your stay at the Park Central Hotel San Francisco.

Room Tip: The higher floor you get, the better view.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Michael S, Manager at The Park Central San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2015

Challenger92,

Happy Belated Easter! Thanks for staying with us and for the review. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you next time your travels bring you to San Francisco.