“Buongusto E Tutto Qua! A lovely reinterpretation of the Bank of Italy !”
Review of E Tutto Qua

E Tutto Qua
Ranked #37 of 6,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: E Tutto Qua translates to "It's All Here" in Italian. The Italian born owner travels often to Rome's famous Campo Dei Fiori district and brings back fresh new ideas from the culinary world of today's Italy.The newest trends are combined with a dedication to being authentically Italian.With emphasis on top quality ingredients, house made pasta, bread and desserts,the freshest seafood and prime cut meats, the delicious result will be found in the dishes set before you. Parliamo Italiano!
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We had a been warned by a review that this restaurant could be loud and a large party was exiting as we were coming in. It was Halloween and everyone was so friendly. We were immediately seated and the waiter came over and brought us water. He then let us get settled before he came back to see if we wanted drinks. I was struck by not just the waiters polite friendliness but his demeanor, like he wanted me to have a good time and he wanted me to be comfortable in his restaurant. My husband had called earlier to reserve the halibut and he told the person who had answered the phone that it was our 43rd anniversary. We were talking and I mentioned that we had been to Italy and I asked him where he was from. I told him where we had visited and then I mentioned Rome and he lit up and said that was the best place in Italy. We ordered and appetizer of mussels and it was very good. I stayed away from the salads because of my nut allergy. The food was beautifully plated. it came with two thick stripes. I asked what it was and was told one was a saffron reduction and the other was a balsamic reduction. It added an extra something.The Halibut was excellent and it came on a bed of greens. I had asked if I could get roasted potato's instead of mashed and he said of course. They were cut like thick 50 cent pieces and they were stacked up and roasted to perfection. I liked the music that they were playing and could almost identify what I was hearing then I realized that the singer was singing in Italian. Sometime he reminded me of Van Morrison and at other times the rhythm would switch. I even heard an Italian version of Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer. I inquired who was singing and he told me that it was Pino Daniele but he had died. My husband ordered an Italian beer and then when we were finished he ordered dessert. Everything was wonderful. They even brought us a generous slice of Tiramisu with two spoons and a candle for our anniversary.We blew out the candle and had to pack it up because I don't eat sugar and my husband had already eaten the chocolate souffle with vanilla ice cream. This restaurant was perfect. It is family run they make the pasta, the bread and the dessert. I met the Uncle and his son and 2 cousins who made our 43rd anniversary one we will remember.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here one evening during our SF stay. My husband and I both enjoyed our entrees and wine. Some of the tables were a little worn. The authentic Italian staff is so friendly and entertaining. The Tiramisu and lattes were my favorite!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

It was late in the evening as we went to a show and most restaurants in Little Italy seem to close early. We found E Tutto Qua after checking out tripadvisor as they were open still. It was very busy but the host found us a nice table by the window. You definitely thought you were in Italy as everyone had an Italian accent and the food was wonderful. It lived up to all the past ratings. We tried so many dishes that when it came to dessert we were done.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Our daughter and son-in-law took us to E Tutta Qua for Saturday dinner during our weekend in SFO. We had reservations and had only a short wait for our table. The servers are very enthusiastic and friendly and you end up being served by all of them at some point. The atmosphere was just a bit too loud for us as we were trying to catch up and talk. The food was really good - very fresh and authentic Italian. We started with a shared, really good bruschetta and then we all ordered different meals accompanied by a good Italian wine. The house salad was good but not memorable - other than the price. When we finished we did feel a bit rushed to leave. Not sure I could recommend it for people who want a quiet, leisurely dinner. The food was great, though.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Our concierge, Devin from the Omni Hotel, got us reservations. The place is a fun, fast-paced, lively Italian jewel. Everyone working there is Italian and speaks with that delightful accent. Since we've been to Italy several times we felt transported.
The food was excellent. Service was terrific and although the place was busy we never felt rushed. We had a wonderful chat about Italy not only with our server, Gaetano, but the manager, as well.
It can get noisy but it didn't take away from our enjoyment. We would go back in a heartbeat.