“I would highly recommend taking this wonderful tour of the San Francisco Victorians.”

Victorian Home Walk
Ranked #63 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us in exploring Pacific Heights with its colorful Victorian row houses, famous mansions, and beautiful gardens. Learn the history of San Francisco through its architecture ! A great introduction into the local side of San Francisco. Established in 1996. EXCLUSIVE : Visit the inside of a period Queen Anne Victorian ! The walk is easy, the pace leisurely, and there are no hills to climb.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I participated in Isaac Wigley's Victorian walking tour, he is quite knowledgeable, very personable, warm personality, thoroughly enjoyed the walk and learning about the different styles of Victorians.

There are newer reviews for Victorian Home Walk

Reviewed 31 December 2011

This was a great experience even on a rather drizzly day. Marilyn's mastery of the territory was impressive: she led us on a comfortable route, at a good pace, told us more than I could absorb (not a bad thing; I'd like to do this again!), answered all our questions. I can't imagine seeing this much of the Victorian houses, or learning as much about San Francisco history, in such a relatively short period of time any other way. Marilyn's friendly personality, attentiveness to our needs, and obvious delight in sharing her knowledge about these neighborhoods resulted in an even-better-than-anticipated walk. I hope to bring my husband next time I go to san Francisco; I know he'd enjoy the Victorian Home Walk as much as I did.

1  Thank artichokeannie
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Even if you've only got a few days in SF, do take time out to go on Jay's walking tour of the Victorians. My daughter and I just had 3 days in the city having flown in from NY for an extended weekend.
Our group of around a dozen people were given an amazing two hours of facts and views of the Victorian Quarter and would highly recommend this to all age groups.

If I get back again I'll definately do it again !

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Very relaxed easy going walking tour of a great cross section of different homes in SF along with historical and some design background. Isaac was enthusiastic, friendly, approachable and very easy going which set a great tone for the tour. It didn't hurt that it was a perfect weather day. It was a very relaxing enjoyable and informative couple of hours.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Jay was well versed in his knowledge of the architecture and history of the homes on the tour - not to mention his eager enthusiasm. The walk was well-paced for every age member of the very large group. We were maybe 30 people, the largest group Jay has ever had. Normally his groups are 5-10, he said. He handled the group size extremely well, and nobody was lost in the shuffle.