The hotel is new, clean and fresh and have the majority of the amenities that you should be looking for like a good restaurant, a gym, a fancy bar and good size rooms with fantastic beds. Service is depending on what person you speak with and is ranging from average to very good. The 3 things that put me down was that first of all the sound from the outside was terrible. I was located on the 9th floor and the cars was constantly honking their horn on the street outside thru the whole day, the man who brought in the taxis was blowing his whistle, but the worst was the fire trucks. I don’t know if the hotel was located next to the fire station, but the extremely loud sirens woke me up several times both nights during my stay. It also was a bit further to walk than what I had expected. I was under the impression that it was located on Union Square, but in order to get to union square it’s about a 10 minute walk. Not that it’s terribly long to walk for 10 minutes, but there is not much to do right outside the hotel so you must walk a good 5-10 minutes to come to decent bars, restaurants and shops (but then you are in the dead center of it) I also find it surprising that they charge me a quite stiff price for using the internet. We are living in 2012 and in the same way as I don’t expected to be charged extra for the TV, using the water and the electricity, I don’t expect to be charged to use the internet. I didn’t try the breakfast, but it was quite expensive, looked fresh with a more “high-end” selection, but not a huge buffet.
All in all an ok stay, but due to the things menstioned above and the fact that I paid a pretty stiff price I’ll pick another hotel next time.
PS: Location I great for close access for the conference center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental