InterContinental San Francisco
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$282
US$269
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$305
US$239
US$336
US$204
  • Pool
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$249
US$282
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$189
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
3,132 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is one of the few truly modern hotels in the city. They let us check in at 9:30 am, and even though we got the deal through Hotwire, they gave us 2 rooms, on higher floor, as we requested. The location is close to Union Square and Bart station, and yet just a little distance away from the hubbub. We were there for business and convention, and the main floor provided a perfect place for meetings as well. Courteous staff, good internet, convenient location, and great views.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel was very nice. Clean rooms, good location (within walking distance to Chinatown), friendly staff, decent gym, and a cool bar. The one downside was how expensive everything is. It was $52 a day for valet parking, the only parking option at the hotel, and breakfast at the hotel was way overpriced. Overall I had a nice stay but in retrospect I would never have gotten a rental car. Just not worth it.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Was booked here for a convention; stayed on the 8th floor and my room was "upgraded" because that was all they had left....does that make anyone feel special? The room was indeed large with a shower and a tub and two beds. Was tempted to have the disgusting orange upholstered chair with countless stains removed from my room but opted to just turn the ottoman over top of it so I didn't have to look at it. Ick! The view was of the street which being in the city was very loud. A generator humming, sirens, screaming out on the street but the bed was half way decent so I was able to sleep. Found the energy saving lights a bit annoying and the room not well lit and since it was cloudy all week the sun wasn't helping out despite the wall of windows overlooking the street. The staff were all friendly and helpful short of the reception desk whom I found cold and robotic. It's as if they are on auto play and auto smile, no sincerity. And the downstairs lobby was extremely loud when the bar was full and the bar was immediately adjacent to the elevator lobby. Poor planning if you ask me.
Would I choose to stay again, no. But given its location and walking distance to so many things one might consider it.

1  Thank WorkTraveler27
IHGCare, ihgcare at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear WorkTraveler27,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the InterContinental San Francisco. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed at This hotel last week. Hotel has good location, you can walk to union square and pick up easy transportation everywhere. Great shopping mall and stores everywhere near hotel. Hotel is nice looking, not too fancy. Service is excellent. Staff was super friendly. Room was on 31st floor, on the small side. Decoration was good. Bathroom was great except for the slide glass door. Was not a fan of the bathroom door but bathroom had a nice big tub and shower. Bed was horrible. not a good mattress. Views of the city where nice. Upgrade to club was worth it. Nice breakfast in a nice club room. did not try lunch or dinner but there are free drinks at night which made up for the upgrade price. Spa was small but massage was amazing. Again, very friendly staff. Room had a snack bar, a plus.
Only two complain: no bottled water at the club level to take to your room ( there was plenty of sodas to take out) and our room was next to elevators and it was noisy.
Overall: friendly staff, location, and good price, I would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room next to the elevator wall, noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaBCaro
Reviewed March 20, 2012

As a gold priorityclub member, one can tell I favor Holiday Inn brands. I can't, however, figure out why "high end" hotels need to nickel and dime (or dollar) you at every turn. After all, I stayed for a "special" conference fare of $259, much reduced from the more typical $300+. Much less expensive places (but still nicely appointed in good locations) have free wireless, at least for priorityclub members, give you a bottle water or two when you check in, upgrade your room when they have availability, and have a decent business center where you can access the internet and do some limited printing. Don't look for any of this at the InterContinental SF. In your room, a bottle of Fiji water will cost you $6; I don't even want to think what they might charge for an ounce of gin from the mini-bar. Wireless in your room is $15/day, business center is standing only with substantial charges just to log on and print a few pages. (At least you can print a boarding pass for free). Parking is insane -- $59/day once you add in the tax. I was briefly afraid they would charge me for the little plastic bags that they gave out for umbrellas when you came in out of the rain.

The lobby and bar area is small and very noisy ... and you can't avoid it since it's right in front of the elevators. The breakfast buffet at Luce is excellent, lots of fresh fruit, traditional breakfast fare (I liked the genuine maple syrup), etc. Just like everywhere else, have an open wallet attitude. The buffer will set you back like a typical dinner entree -- $28.

The plus side is easy access to the Mosconi center. My trip was for a conference there. Also, the staff at the hotel is extraordinary. Friendly, helpful, always smiling, ever attentive -- they embody what one would hope all hotel staff would strive for. I expect you will be treated right if you choose this hotel.

Overall, the hotel is not a bad choice, particularly for business trips that involve the Mosconi center. Just be prepared to open your wallet early and often.

1  Thank 773jamesl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear James L,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I am thankful for your comments about our staffs attentiveness. It is always nice to hear a kind word. I am sorry you were unhappy with our rates. We find our rates and parking fees are quite comparable to other hotels of same standards in this area. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again for a future stay.

Katie J