3,263 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows moscone center howard street luce restaurant the club lounge union square corner room south of market modern hotel mark hopkins mini bar high floor concierge staff attending a conference junior suite an upgrade few blocks
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are large but the decoration was old... The bar is closed at 2300 if you check in late you don't have a place to eat.. Only room service.. I expect more from intercontinental. At the bar across the street you cannot find nothing to eat...

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Hi there, IsraelDavid1!

I came across your review and it disappoints me to see that you only had an average stay due to the issues you encountered with our room decor and bar operation hours. I get your sentiments and I'm sorry. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken to improve the quality of our rooms and services.

In spite of this, thanks for choosing to stay with us! We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Regards,

Joel A

Reviewed September 18, 2018

The decor of InterContinental San Francisco is modern, which I love. The entrance is a bit strange but there are ample spaces for cars to stop in the entrance. I arrived late at night, so there was not much traffic. The check in experience was okay, despite being a bit slow. The agent was excellent and put me on a high floor room that I have requested, and also granted me a 2pm late check out despite a busy week.

The room itself was fairly large with a very comfortable bed, a large closet, and a nice armchair by the window, as well as a large business desk area. There are power outlets on both bedsides. The bathroom was huge, but unfortunately it did not pass the water pressure test. There are two shower heads - one over-head and one movable shower head. The pressure was very weak on both ends. But I like the brand of bath amenities that they use.

I also want to note that I am not a fan of the bell staffs, as they really don't do much. I feel that the bell staffs should be more proactive in a five star hotel like Intercontinental.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2018

I have been passing by this hotel since they open, big hotel, chain hotel kind of feeling, i was never tempted to check this out. During the remodeling of our San Francisco apartment, it was convenient for us to stay there. I would have to admit, i was pleasantly surprised. Although the decor it's not my style, i tend to like smaller and boutique hotels with minimalist design, the rooms, service and food were really good. Our room had an incredible view of Soma, it was spacious and clean. Service was good and the food at the restaurant downstairs Luce ( Michelin star) was really on point, their gnocchi still puts a smile on my face. I would say not my first choice hotel but definitely a great spot to stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

This hotel boasted complimentary WiFi/Internet on their website and at check-in. A big lie. The WiFi did not work for 1 minute during our entire stay. When we asked, they seemed unimpressed (clearly this is common) and “transfer” to tech support was the solution. Tech support is a rude teenager in San Diego that doesn’t know what hotel is calling them - not sure how they get away with this. He yelled at me and told me to “press connect” because I couldn’t figure that out?
The phone in our room did not dial out all the time. It had a strong buzzing noise and you had to dial zero multiple times to get to the front desk. Even when it did connect- the strong loud buzzing noise was always present. So loud, I couldn’t make out the person on the other end of the line.
The tv in the room was large but it would work intermittently. It would shut off or freeze several times every 20-40 mins.
All of this wouldn’t matter if we were not here on business and in the room for so long. This hotel boasted their business clientele and that’s why we booked it.
Shower was weak, towels too small.
Robes and slippers were nice and useful.
The location of the hotel was good and the staff was nice. Not helpful, not honest, but nice.
Lobby gorgeous. If you stay here - it’s for pleasure - not business. Because WiFi, phone and tv do not work and they cannot and will not fix it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Hello Nazlawtravel!

We'd like our guests to experience the glamour of the InterContinental life. I'm very sorry that we missed the mark this time because of issues with our Internet connection, in-room maintenance, water pressure, and service from our tech support. These details matter, and they could make or break our guests' overall experience.

I shared your concerns with our Chief Engineer and General Manager. I'm sure they'll look into these matter and address them immediately.

I'm glad though that you liked the pleasantness of our hotel staff, usefulness of our robes and slipper, welcoming atmosphere of our lobby, and our convenient location. I know this is not a perfect stay, but thanks for choosing us and sharing your thoughts. We hope to have you again, so we can show you the efforts we made to provide you with a better stay next time!

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed September 15, 2018

I paid well over $500 for two nights at this hotel. On the positive side - the staff were lovely. But I expect they know this hotel is not the best. They kindly deducted $40. From my bill because I was in a bay view room with virtually no view of the bay, just loads of buildings with neon signs on their roofs, and a freeway running through them. The bed was two single beds pushed together, with a firm ridge in the middle. This meant no spreading out or luxury sleeping. A persistent hum filled the room; even when the air con was off. (Ear plugs and sleeping pills were needed here). The shower was very weak. The towels were on the small size. There was a robe that was useful. The mini fridge was terrifying - it stated it you touch anything you would be charged immediately.
Besides the staff the only thing I can think of to recommend this hotel is that it has a central location for shopping, and the lobby is quite nice.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Hi annie R,

Thank you for posting a review. I am so sorry our hotel was not able to fully meet your expectations especially with our room view, the beds, and the shower just to name a few. While I am glad that you appreciated our staff and location, I understand that your stay was not the best experience. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Mike F.