“Perfect GGB photo opp”

US$59.00*
and up
San Francisco Fire Engine Tour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My big brother flew down from Canada so that we could ride motorcycles together and riding across the GGB was way up on his bucket list. After researching some good spots, we settled on Fort Baker and away we went. The directions to get there are slightly difficult but it has amazing views of the GGB which made for a perfect photo opp. We had a beautiful day and made amazing memories together. I’ve lived in CA my whole life and never been to this particular spot - it was amazing and there’s plenty of free parking. Highly recommend.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"boats"
"sf"

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

An unplanned drive out to this side of the bridge but glad we did. Battery Yates is a neat piece of history you can explore and also provides some amazing perspectives on the bay and bridge. Fort Baker is a well preserved piece of history as well. It was like walking back in time onto an old wartime movie set.

Beautifully Preserved Piece of History. It's like stepping back in time to an old style Resort from the 20s (I guess even further back based on the history). So neat to see this piece of military history so well restored and re-utilized. Beautiful dining halls and lodges with an amazing open space in the middle, all with a breathtaking view of San Francisco, Golden Gate and the bay. We were just driving through and taking it in, but would love to stay here sometime.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Another great location to capture the magnificent view of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and the skyline of San Francisco from the top of the Marin Headlands to the grounds of Fort Baker. There are also other places to go and enjoy your day.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I've been to many places to view the Golden Gate Bridge, and this is my favorite. You are right under the bridge, and the natural scenery is great. Even in the height of summer there are very few people. It's peaceful and beautiful, and you can take your time without the crowds.

It is more windy than other places in the area, so be dressed warmly, even in summer. I had on a stocking cap and gloves in August, and they were needed. Afternoons are more likely to be sunny, if that's important to you, but the views even when it's overcast and foggy are still great.

While the views of the Bridge are great, all of the grounds are beautiful. There is a small marina and fishing pier in addition to the old military buidlings. I had a great time visiting with the fishermen, and seeing what they were catching.

I easily filled several hours here. I will definitely be coming back.