My boyfriend and I chose the Red Vic in the Haight & Ashbury neighborhood when we came up to San Francisco because we wanted a very warm, welcoming environment and that is exactly what we got! It is very quirky; all the rooms have different themes and were decorated by the Inn's owner, Sami. Sami also painted most of the art hanging in the Inn. You can look at all of the rooms online which is really helpful. It is more expensive than a basic hotel, but hotels are impersonal and not what we were shooting for anyway! Before you stay, you have to keep in mind that it is an old victorian building, which comes with its own quirks. Most of the rooms don't have their own bathroom, but we never had a problem with that. In the morning, you can go downstairs to the peace-themed cafe for a complimentary breakfast and good conversation. We met a couple from northern california who were in town playing with their band (and I immediately went home and followed her vintage Etsy store), and an englishman in town for work, all introduced to us by Sami, who is always around for meals. On Sundays, she hosts a breakfast peace talk, which we absolutely loved. There were about five different couples besides us and Sami broke us all up into two separate groups to talk about the topic of the day. We would definitely go back just for that; it was wonderful. You can buy Sami's art in the cafe and take home some of the Red Vic with you. I know that we would go back in a heartbeat if we had the chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is not your typical hotel! Staying at The Red Vic is more like coming home to family and friends than checking into a hotel. We are a community that values collaboration, participation, and connections. We ask you to fill out a profile so we can share that information about what you're up to with other guests and residents, facilitating interactions and collaborations. This is a participatory space, and we hope it will be a platform for your creative projects and ideas. What do you want to create? The ground floor is a member-supported 3rd space for projects, gatherings, events and activities. There is a communal kitchen that is always fully stocked with food for everyone to use. Guests are also encouraged to attend or host an event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Red Victorian LLC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Victorian Bed, Breakfast And Art
- Red Victorian Bed, Breakfast & Art Hotel San Francisco