Days Inn San Francisco Downtown/Civic Center Area
  • Bar/Lounge
US$335
US$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$323
  • Bar/Lounge
US$229
US$209
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$279
US$265
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$283
US$219
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$343
US$220
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$191
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewshayes valleyfree parkingsymphony hallroom was cleanpainted ladiesyogurtfree breakfastfridge and microwavedecent locationbus stopwithin walking distancepublic transita nice place to staycouple blocksfew blocksbars and restaurantsvan ness
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We try to get this motel every time we visit SF, but the rates are pretty variable so when we can get a good deal here we are always happy to come back. It is not fancy, but it is just a nice little place and we always have a great stay.

The best part is the location in Hayes Valley. It is such a nice little neighborhood with great restaurants, coffee shops, and boutique stores. You can walk to the civic center, or take buses from nearby and we always were able to flag a cab. There is free parking and we've always gotten a spot, then we don't move the vehicle all weekend and take public transit. The building is set back from the road to accommodate the parking lot, so that gives a nice buffer from street noise. We like sitting outside the rooms and looking at the city - there are a couple landings that you can hang out on.

The one bed rooms are a little small but they are comfortable. The bathroom is pretty large, and was decent. I have had the 2 bed rooms here, and they are much larger and have a wet bar. The beds are comfortable and firm.

Room Tip: The rooms with two beds are a lot larger
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ostara864
Reviewed 6 October 2011

There is plenty to see and do in this area, but it is not a pretty part of town and there are homeless people everywhere. The streets are filthy nearby and really not something I would recommend for female travelers.
Otherwise - it was as you would expect - clean and basic. The staff were accomodating and helped with advice.

Love the town and would certainly come back - just somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2011

After we stayed over a week at a place that wasn't worthy of the name hotel, we were happy to return to this place.
1) They let you leave luggage even before your check-in, at no charge, this was very convenient for us because we had done a huge amount of shopping and we were going to Vegas for a couple of days and we wanted to travel light.
2) At daytimes, the desk people were very friendly. When we arrived on wednesday night, it was already late, around 8pm, the lady behind the night window was a lot more distant and short of words.
3) they tried to help us with printing our boarding tickets for our flights
4) wifi worked, the password worked and there was no problem whatsoever with it (at no extra charge)
The neighbourhood.
After having stayed on 16th and Mission, this neighborhood seemed a lot calmer, quieter, and more convenient as it was closer to downtown. I haven't noticed any more or less homeless people than in the rest of San Francisco. Especially towards the morning it was, due to its closeless to downtown, considerably noisier than 16th and Mission, but not in such a way that you couldn't get a good night rest.
The room.
The room was everything they promised it to be: 2 queensize beds, very spacious, clean, correct. coffeemaker, fridge, etc. The bathroom had a bath, but it wasn't very deep. It was very clean.
This is a nice place to stay, good price/quality and really close to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kwien_Z
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stay here for 2 nights. We loved the location. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. The parking is free but limited. We parked and took transit everywhere. You could walk 3 blocks to to Van Ness(a main road) and hop on a bus that would take you to anywhere in the city you wanted to get to. If you dont mind walking you could walk to union square. It took us 20-25 mins. I wouldn't recommend walking down Eddy rd though. There is a coffee shop approx 6 blocks up Van Ness called "Philz". I got the best cup of tea I've ever had. My boyfriend loved his coffee. We went there every morning.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed here on a business trip October of 2009. The location is close to the city center and close to our training class but I will never stay on Grove Street ever again! There were homeless people everywhere and I never felt safe getting in or out of my car at night. Although I was in San Fran for 3 nights I came back early all three nights and ate dinner in my room. The room was typical for a Days Inn but decently clean and even had a tiny elevator so that you won't have to climb stairs. Although the hotel itself is fine, I can't recommend this one because of the location. If you are a single woman on a business trip, do yourself a favor and don't let your company HR book you this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business