4,069 results
All reviews anzu restaurant imperial floor petite queen imperial club union square health club indoor pool per night fitness center an upgrade tenderloin business center homeless people mini bar cable car market street higher floor
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The Nikko may be the best value in San Francisco. Located North of Market Street in the downtown area, it is conveniently located. The immediate neighborhood is not great for walking but in the age of Uber it really doesn't matter. The hotel went through a recent renovation and the rooms are very well done--clean, crisp and up to date. The breakfast is wonderful. But most important, the price for a well-equipped and sizeable room is among the best bargains in a City that has too many hotels who overcharge their guests.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Danielle O, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Penn69,

We appreciate your detailed review of your stay. It is important for us to receive feedback, good and bad, so that we may always provide the 5-star service you deserve.

I'm glad you enjoyed our central location and that your guestroom was to your liking.

We are excited to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I stayed at the Hotel Nikko for a weekend with my 12 year old daughter. I chose this hotel because of its easy access to Union Square and the fact that it has an indoor pool, which my daughter enjoys. When booking, it is not clear that there is a $25 additional charge if you want to use the pool and gym. When we got to the pool, we could not even enter the ladies room without having our room key authorized. Thus, I returned to the front desk, had my room key card authorized and returned to the pool area. Perhaps the check in executive could have told us this when we checked in. Once I had the room kay authorized, the authorized key card STILL did not work to permit me to gain entry to the ladies room, and my daughter was already swimming in the pool thanks to the attendant who let her in. However, my key card STILL would not permit me entry to the pool despite getting the authorization. My daughter had to open the door for me.

I found the hotel itself to be a solid, serviceable hotel otherwise. Everything in the room worked. Bed is comfortable. Bathroom very clean. The lobby is rather interesting in that there is a "waterfall" cascading down a flight of stairs leading to the sidewalk. One must take an escalator from the car port to the lobby. We had dinner in the lobby bar - a place called Feinstein's - which featured a small bar menu. Everything was delicious. My daughter ordered the flat bread pizza and I had a sushi log. Clearly Hotel Nikko shines when it comes to Japanese cuisine - everything was perfect here. The atmosphere is lively - it is a popular place. All in all I would stay here again. It's not the kind of hotel one comes to to be pampered - but it definitely is a hotel to come to when you want a great location, great night's sleep, and good food and drinks.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Voyager310
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Staff were very welcoming and accommodating. We arrived from the Cruise Port about mid morning, too early to check into room. Our bogs were secured, while we explored part of the city, and then brought to our rooms when we returned to check in about mid afternoon. Room was not large, but clean and well appointed. My previous searches had shown pictures of the room with a walk in shower, but ours did not have one and stepping in and out of tubs is getting dangerous at our age. I believe hotel underwent major renovation in 2016 and everything looks quite new. Very dog friendly hotel--it even has a dog run on the fifth floor. Our room did not have a balcony, but in mid Feb. this was not a problem. Located next to Union Square, we enjoyed the close proximity to other attractions, easy walking to cable car, Chinatown, Yerba Buena Park (under construction) and just across the street from Hilton Hotel, and beautiful Cityscape on it's 46th floor! Had done some preliminary searches, and knew some shows we wanted to see, and the concierges made it happen. They were most helpful. A bit pricey, but chosen because of location and newness.

Room tip: Some rooms have walk in showers, some do not. Some rooms have balcony's, some do not.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a really nice stay at this hotel during my last business trip. Great free WiFi, the staff is awesome, my room was clean and comfortable. It’s my top choice of places to stay now. Thank you, Nikko!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer D

Dear Jennifer D.,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm very happy to hear we took great care of you.

Please join us again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We stayed here for 11 nights with our 4 year old daughter. Our room on the Imperial Floor was very comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. The Club Lounge is ideal for families with young children to get a light continental breakfast before starting the day.

In terms of the service I would rate it as very good indeed. There were one or two small blips - perhaps unavoidable over the course of such a long stay as ours - but the hotel staff were prompt in rectifying and helping us to find solutions.

We had a great meet-and-greet with Buster the hotel's Canine Operating Officer at the 5th floor dog run, a wonderful memory for my daughter. San Francisco is a very dog-loving city and Hotel Nikko has a few dogs on staff who extend hospitality to guests big and small. Buster is generous with kisses and I probably got more doggie tongue than I counted on.

Kudos to the Theresa the concierge, Seda from the reservations department as well as Joey, one of the duty managers. Not to mention all the bellmen who helped us immensely.

Room tip: Families should definitely opt for the Imperial Floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GermaineO12
Danielle O, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear Germaine O.,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm so happy to hear you were well taken care of and were able to meet Buster!

Please join us again soon!