Beresford Arms
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$323
US$209
US$225
US$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$227
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$283
US$219
US$279
US$265
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$344
US$254
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$224
HolidayInn.com
1,244 results
All reviewswine and cheesesmall kitchenjunior suitepost streetunion squareindonesian restaurantmurphy bedfull kitchencontinental breakfaststreet noiseevery afternoonfew blockshonor bartenderloinnoisy at nightcharming hoteltea and coffee
Reviewed 26 December 2011

A group of friends and I went to San Francisco for a benefit. We found this to be a convenient place to have two or three grown folks to a room. The hotel looks like it used to be apartments, so the rooms are very spacious suites. It was great to have a kitchen so we could actually take home leftovers from the great meals we had. The living room had a comfortable murphy bed (where I stayed) while two others were in doubles in the bedroom. Bathroom was very spacious. We didn't have much interaction with the staff, but everyone seemed friendly. The four (rather than five) stars are because it is not my favorite location in town, but if your destinations are in Union Square or the Financial District or if you're here as a tourist, it is definitely convenient. We plan to stay here again when we go back for our 2012 girls' weekend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank querque1
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed at the Bereford Arms for 9 days and I was delighted with every minute of my stay. It was wonderful to be so close to Union Square and the stores for holiday shopping. There were great restaurants with in a short walking distance. Afternoon Tea in the hotel lobby was charming.Rooms were clean and spacious. All of the staff were very helpful. Having a food market across the street from the hotel was very convenient.
The lobby was decorated beautifully for the holidays.When I return to the city , I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed at the Bereford Arms after staying in the smaller and cheaper sister Beresford Hotel in Sept 2009. My friend and I had planned on hiring a car and going on a road trip but the rental people refused. We had no booking at all in San Fran since our time at the Bereford Hotel was over and we had not overly enjoyed it. We ended up here and it was fantastic. The staff were so friendly and helpful, understanding our stresses and our room was amazing! 2 queen beds, bathroom bigger than our room at the Bereford Hotel and a mini kitchen. I do not smoke but my friend does, at the last hotel he was smoking out the fire escape but the room did not smell like a smoking room, it had great air so even with him smoking away I was not bothered. Great assistance every day at the front desk with booking tours and activities, wifi and internet access as well. Loved it and loved the little italian place up the road for dinner, we ate there about 4 times!
Next time I am in San Fran I am returning to the Beresford Arms!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank LauLauMS
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We booked into the Beresford Arms primarily based on reviews on TripAdvisor. Although our room was called a Junior Suite, but since it was only $159/night, I was concerned that it might be small and out of date. The exact opposite was true. The hotel is a historic structure that has maintained its grandeur and charm. Our suite had 2 queen beds, a large built in dresser, TV, a seating area, and 2 bay windows. The living room area was equally spacious, with a dining area, pull down Murphy bed and second TV. The bathroom featured his & hers sinks, and newer fixtures including a large jacuzzi tub and bidet!
The staff were very friendly and they served a nice wine & cheese buffet each afternoon. The bellman (Abdon?) was really great.
The only minor isseues were that the sliding door to the bathroom was extremely heavy, so it was somewhat difficult to open and close. And beacuse the hotel is located on a corner lot in a business district just a few blocks from Union Square, there is quite a bit of traffic noise and activity well into the night from nearby bars and restraunts. That said, we would definitely stay at the Beresford Arms again.

Room Tip: Ugrade to a junior suite is worth the money. Rooms on upper floors probably would have less street noise (we were on the 5th floor).
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 54Tripper
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Beresford Arms this past week.

The location is convenient and the area feels safe. It's worth noting that the seedy Tenderloin area is a couple blocks away.

We stayed in Room 400, which faces Post Street. Saturday night was very loud with the bar crowd out in full force late into the evening. The other nights were quieter, but trucks still disturbed our sleep a little. Ear plugs blocked out most of the noise. Dark shades blocked out most of the light.

The room was very comfortable. The beds were comfy and the temperature was perfect. Everything was very clean. The kitchen with full-size fridge ended up being very convenient since we had leftovers a few times. The snacks & drinks stocked in the kitchen are priced reasonably. The room is showing wear & tear (dents in the walls, leaky sink spigot, etc.), but these things didn't bother us. The room was a good size and we had a window seat.

Breakfast is included in the price of the hotel, which we figured saved us $20 per day in food expenses. The breakfast pastries were wonderful. I suspect if we had stayed longer, we would have gone out for breakfast simply to get some variety. Juice or water would have been nice, in addition to the coffee and tea selections. The lobby is quite pretty and has a touch of that old San Francisco feel.

The staff was attentive without being obtrusive. The only things we really needed/requested were a hair dryer and somewhere to store our luggage after we checked-out.

San Francisco seems like a very expensive city, so with that in mind, this hotel was a great value.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face Post street if you need a quiet environment for sleeping.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple