Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$85
Hotels.comUS$85
PricelineUS$78
TravelocityUS$85
Agoda.comUS$78
Trip.comUS$95
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

I normally do not like to write reviews but will do for this hotel, I am still staying at this hotel right now #124. Location is really good, you can commute by bus, you have super market Trader's Joe and my fav Ulta Beauty, Bed Bath & Beyond and many others located near by. To commute buy the Muni daily pass for 5$ each (download the app), bus stop is close by. Rooms are comfy though not airy, we never heard any noise outside, did not witness the homless, found the area decent n safe. Breakfast everyday is toast, cereals, waffles and a fruit...(wish they served eggs or ham on alternate days). The bathrooms are really nice, comfortable n clean, hot water at all times. This is a cheap and decent stay, will recommend. I stayed with my family

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Patmaxx14
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

I will say two good things first, 1- the staff is nice and honest and 2- the police that were there when we arrived advised us to leave. Now that said, we have a 4 month old and the Motor Inn is in a good location with lots of grown up things to do around it. But the police and staff advised us to find somewhere else as this place is frequented with homeless and drugs in this section of the city. This area is up and coming, it’s just not there yet.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank coacht2009
Reviewed June 26, 2019

Very noisy room surrounded by homeless people. One spitted on us in front of the lobby for no reason.
Moreover, we found a cockroach in the shower the second day (out of four). We informed the manager in the morning. He didn’t do anything, he didn’t seem surprised nor embarrassed. He just proposed spray/room change when we were leaving (4th day), only because we went back to him. And in the end, we got 6% discount, which is ridiculous.
We don’t recommend that place at all.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Guillaume B
Reviewed June 15, 2019

I stayed in this Inn prior to having surgery at UCSF in the Mission District. There were very few places close to the hospital. This Inn was a mile away. This is essentially a motel. Your door is open to the outside. The door has a card key, a double bolt and a chain. The parking was tight. There is a $10 charge for parking. The room was clean and neat. There is a microwave and a mini frig. The bathroom and shower were also clean and neat. The room is not real roomy but did fine. The neighborhood is not a real walkable neighborhood until you get a few streets down from the Inn. We found a nice Mexican sit down restaurant our first night there. When we left the room, we threw our valuables in our car trunk and did not leave stuff in the room. The negative, for me, was the noise. There was a lot of activity outside and even some rooms having loud noises. Our room, unfortunately, was by the breakfast room. Things were active at 6 am. However, the check in person had told us about this. I found the staff okay. I had a bit of a language barrier with the man who checked me in but he was very nice to me. There was no ice all night our 2nd night. I probably would not stay here alone. But, for a person who has an appointment at UCSF and you want to be close, it is ideal.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bethanys1952
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

The little guy working the night shift is HORRIBLE. Both nights we stayed, I feel like his goal is to make people miserable. First night, the only vending machine was out of service and we needed water: he told us to walk 10 minutes to go get water. Thank you for showing you care and offering the bottled water you had. Jerk.
Next night the vending machine was working but I needed change for a FIVE DOLLAR BILL. I knocked on the door; the same little night shift guy directed me to the side drive through window thing...I asked for change and he said “we don’t have change”... FOR A FIVE DOLLAR BILL??? ...”NO”. I asked for ever quarters nickels dimes... “no”. He refused to help me out on anything. This guy’s only prerogative is to make people miserable.

Ok - for the room - the room was nice, comfy, and clean. Only downside; there is like 1 plug in for the entire room. There really needs to be a power hub or something. We had to charge one phone in the bathroom, and one by the TV.

I really liked this place, but the little night shift guy really left a bad taste in my mouth and would likely search somewhere else.

Date of stay: January 2019