US$176
US$156
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

US$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$231
US$206
InterContinental
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

US$245
US$211
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$276
US$215
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

Hilton San Francisco Financial District(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$217
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$244
US$239
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

US$229
US$214
Official Site
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$476
US$220
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$328/night.

1,583 results
All reviewspacific heightsbeautiful neighborhoodcity view suitethe presidiofillmore streetwine and cheese receptionsitting roomeach eveningcontinental breakfastpillow menucharming hotelfresh fruithome away from homeupgraded to a suitesmall hotelcorner suiteturn down service
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The lovely Drisco is in the best location...high on the hill at pacific heights. Around the corner from Presidio Park...Lyon st ...beautiful suburb....fantastic views....lovely hotel. Excellent check-in and help for first timers to San Fran. Hotel car to drop you where you wish around town...lovely continental breakfast with tasty selection in quaint dining room full of antiques as is the whole hotel. Afternoon tea...24 hr tea/ coffee available to have in drawing room or take to room. Cocktail hour with wines, cheeses and hors d'oeuvres. The whole hotel experience was beautiful. Our queen bed - room was small...but nicely appointed...with good size bathroom. The hotel is with open windows in rooms and is in beautiful area which makes it a very pleasant experience....far nicer than the big hotels. Highly recommend....with cafes and shops walking distance...town short drive.

1  Thank JJW858
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

A little gem of a hotel. Beautiful boutique hotel on Pacific Heights. No 2 on Trip Adviser and I'm only surprised it's not No 1 (but I haven't actually stayed at the Fairmont so perhaps I'm biased).
Our room (suite) was fabulous with every little comfort and the king bed was so comfortable it was difficult to get up in the morning. Breakfast was superb, even with little jars of English clotted cream to put on your scones! Every evening they host a complimentary cheese and wine session lasting 1.5 hours.
It is a liitle way from the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf action but they do provide a complimentary chauffeured car to Union Square in the mornings and you can use a cheap 1/3/5 day bus/cable car pass to get around after that.
Car parking is on street and handled by the hotel staff who move the cars around as needed. The reception/concierge staff are so polite and helpful and make you feel really important.All the remaining staff are also friendly and helpful. In my opinion it is very good value for money and you will leave feeling really good and wanting to return.
One tip to end with...do try to see Beach Blanket Babylon at Club Fugazi while in town.

1  Thank Maz1944

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us instead of the Fairmont Ghirardelli Place! Actually to be fair to my friends at the Fairmont, they have a lovely property. I've stayed there myself -- the rooms are great and the service is excellent. You don't get to the #1 spot on Trip Advisor by running a second rate hotel! Having said that, I just absolutely love the character, the experience and the fantastic service we provide here at the Drisco (usually at half the price of the Fairmont, I might add!).

Rest assured that our little jars of imported English clotted cream will be waiting for you on your next visit with us.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review.

John Spear

P.S. I concur -- do not miss Beach Blanket Babylon at Club Fugazi!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Drisco for 5 nights at the beginning of our adventure in CA. Although slightly small our room on the 3rd floor was luxuriously appointed and immaculately clean. Much thought has been put into the decoration and finish to all of the public areas and you definitely feel like you are staying in a top quality hotel. All of the staff were incredibly helpful and pleasant to deal with particularly Bob and Jon providing helpful and useful advice to travellers new to SF. Breakfast is served in a very pleasant room and consists of a European style buffet. Once again it was excellent.

The hotel is situated in the Pacific Heights area of the city. Pacific Heights is a high end area a good distance from the city centre and touristy type attractions. We found getting to and from these areas difficult. SF isn't blessed with large numbers of taxis on hand and more than once we struggled to get back to the hotel. Public transport within SF doesn't seem to be at the standard of major european cities. For the same reason dining out is challenging. The nearest restaurants are on Fillmore a good 20 minute walk. Perhaps the hotel could form an association with a taxi company and help alleviate these issues?

Overall we loved our stay at the Drisco and would recommend it to all

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve H

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will convey your thanks to both Bob and Jon. I am grateful every day for the excellent staff here at the Drisco that take such good care of our guests.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed your Drisco experience despite the transportation challenges you described. For the benefit of our future guests I think it would be helpful for me to mention a few points about transportation in San Francisco, and specifically in our beautiful Pacific Heights neighborhood:

1.) First and foremost, there are simply not enough taxis in San Francisco. And because of our location in an upscale residential neighborhood outside the tourist frenzy of Union Square and Fisherman's Wharf, when the City gets busy and/or the weather turns rainy, it can sometimes be challenging to get taxis out to the Drisco in a timely manner. If you have an important meeting, a dinner reservation,a boat to Alcatraz, please do make advance arrangements.

2.) Public transportation in San Francisco can be a wonderful experience in and of itself -- including the historic F line and of course the cable cars -- but there is simply no comparison with the underground systems in cities like London and Paris for fast and efficient public transportation. The MUNI bus lines, however, are quite comprehensive, and we highly recommend making use of the bus system. Several lines are very convenient to the Drisco.

3.) We offer complimentary chauffeur service every weekday morning from the Drisco to points in the Presidio, Union Square and the Financial District. At other times we charge $25 for this service (airport service costs more). In order to assure there is space available, you will need to reserve these services in advance.

If you are aware of all three points above and can plan your important trips in advance, we're quite sure you'll head off most of the transportation challenges that San Francisco has to offer. We're still looking for a way around rush hour traffic though!

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Hotel Drisco has been our "home away from home" for nearly 20 years. We live only 30 miles from San Francisco but when we stay at The Hotel Drisco, we feel as if we are in a small but elegant European hotel.
The entire staff from the reception desk to the breakfast buffet is professional, friendly, helpful, and gracious. Exceptional service is the staff's highest priority. The reception desk has information sheets about everything of interest: walking tours, activities with children, local restaurants, shopping, arts and culture, and many more. They provide a binder listing hundreds of DVDs that may be checked out (at no charge) to be viewed in the room. And speaking of rooms: they are charming, clean, comfortable, and very well appointed. I look forward to the complimentary cookies and spring water as well as the nightly complimentary shoe shine. Each evening the staff offers a lovely selection of wines and appetizers in the downstairs dining room. And, the elaborate breakfast buffet each morning is a culinary delight with an immense selection of delicious food. We love the hotel, we love the location, we love the staff....and we have a reservation to stay again next month.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel on the higher floors have lovely views.
3  Thank Driscoguest

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words, and for being a loyal guest of ours for the past 20 years! We absolutely love serving as the "home away from home" for so many long-term guests.

You really covered the bases in describing many of our complimentary amenities in your review!

Thanks again, as we'll see you again soon...

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We just returned. The hotel was a disappointment primarily because of bad room and bad service. We were given a room on the first floor right in between the two primary staircases. Although the rom was a good size, it was very loud. Neither my husband nor I slept the first night due to foot traffic outside our door, thin walls, and a running fan and faucet in a neighboring room. When we asked about the noise the next day the staff suggested we ask the neighboring room to not use the bathroom at night. This seemed very u helpful especially since we had no idea who was next door. Also, when we checked in we were told there was no other room available which I find hard to believe as we checked in right st the checking time at the start of the weekend. It's like going to an empty restaurant where you've reserved a month in advance and being given the table in between the bathroom and the swinging kitchen door. Otherwise, if you have better luck on the room, the staff was unhelpful (when we checked out, total failure to ask how was our stay, or if we needed help with our bags). The breakfast was good, but for $400 a night, I'd stay somewhere else, buy my own breakfast at one of SF's many delicious bakeries. The hotel advertises a fitness room which it does have -- basically an extension of the kitchen, with one treadmill, one bike and one elliptical. Everything worked but again, for the price of the hotel, something better would be nice. Finally, don't stay here if you have kids (we don't). Location was quiet and we enjoyed being close-ish to chestnut street and marina.

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank 677we
DriscoManager, General Manager at Hotel Drisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience here at the Drisco. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so that we can discuss the issues that you experienced. I would also like to take the opportunity here to clarify some of the points raised in your review.

I always take great care to stress in my management replies here on Trip Advisor that despite the fact that we are located in a very quiet and serene neighborhood and that our guests are extremely respectful of others and well-mannered, the Drisco is not a super-modern super-soundproofed hotel -- sometimes the sounds of others’ lives are shared when we wish that were not the case! I realize that this does not bring back your night of lost sleep, for which I remain extremely sorry.

I think it also might be helpful to illuminate a few points about how hotels work operationally in terms of the assignment of rooms. First, at the vast majority of hotels rooms are assigned on the day of arrival and not before, no matter how far in advance you make your reservation, and no matter what time of day you check in. The reason is so that the hotel can best accommodate different lengths of stay in the different room types it offers. Certainly there can be exceptions to this here and there, but that is the reason for the way the industry works. On top of that, the Drisco is privileged to run at 100% occupancy very, very frequently, so often we have very limited flexibility (or none at all) to re-accommodate guests who do not take a fancy to a particular aspect of the room they have been assigned. But I should point out that my staff will try their best to make such accommodations whenever possible.

I am very sorry that our Fitness Center was not to your liking. We remodeled it last year at a substantial cost, and as I have pointed out in a previous review reply here on Trip Advisor, it is the largest and best-equipped Fitness Center I have ever experienced at a hotel with fewer than 50 rooms. It contains the following equipment, all under one year old: Treadmill with integrated LCD TV, elliptical with integrated LCD TV, stationary bicycle with integrated LCD TV, universal gym that can be configured for 28 different exercises, 18 barbells, three exercise balls, two yoga mats and two bicycles that are available for our guests to ride around San Francisco. The Center is open 24 hours a day and it is stocked with fresh cucumber water as well as complimentary ear buds for the three TVs. However, we still recognize that some of our guests require the services of a fully-equipped fitness facility, which is why we offer unlimited complimentary passes to the excellent Presidio YMCA. There is a photo of our Fitness Center on our web site.

In sum, I remain extremely disappointed that we let you down on your recent stay with us, and I have already reiterated with my staff that it is their responsibility to do everything in their power to make our guests happy (including asking them how their stay was at check-out!). In my experience we are able to provide outstanding service here at the Drisco and please our guests very close to 100% of the time, and I think the other reviews here on Trip Advisor bear that observation out. However, that was clearly not the case with your experience here and for that I am deeply sorry. I will end by asking you again to please feel free to reach out to me personally if you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.