All reviews ocean view walking distance to the beach basic hotel night life sized bed two blocks called the front desk comfortable beds the golden gate bridge pros cons rates
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in June on a family road trip. Check-in was easy, there's parking available on the street and a small parking lot. There's no charge for parking. The area itself seems a little sketchy and at times I felt a little unsafe especially at night. The rooms are a bit outdated and damp. The TV was missing out of our bedroom, but there was a TV in the main part of our room. We had a refrigerator which was very nice. Continental breakfast exists of a roll or muffin and coffee. It was fine as a place to sleep, and I understand accommodations are expensive in San Francisco Bay Area but didn't feel we got our money's worth out of this one. Also housekeeping took our dirty towels but never replaced them. Our beds were never made and our trash was not emptied in the 2 days we stayed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2018

If you're looking for the location of a horror movie, look no further. you can't call this a hotel, its a MOTEL. It was dirty, there was no lift so you had to carry all your bags, and threadbare towels changed every three days. "breakfast" was served in the office, with nowhere to sit, and consisted of tiny weird tasting muffins and sugary pastries.
Location wise, its a 45 min tram ride into the centre to do anything, and the area itself was full of drug users and hobos.
the fact that this room was expensive as well means you DON'T get what you pay for.

Room tip: higher floor so you're further away from being murdered
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

A great location, close to Zoo, Park, Beach and Golden Gate.
However, the weather in San Fransico did not let us enjoy any of those.
It was cold, foggy and windy...so we escaped San Fransisco after staying one night.
We came from Sacramento with sunny and warm 40 degree Celsius and ended up in San Fransisco in freezing 14 degree Celsius after just one hour driving... amazing ;-)
However that is not the fault of the Rodeway...all in all a nice, clean and quiet room with good working wifi and comfortable beds. Probably the best place to stay if you plan to visit San Fransisco.

Room tip: Ask for a room at ground level, then you can park your car right outside your room ;-)
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Gunnar_Eide
Reviewed July 3, 2018

This hotel could be so great with just a few extra details. The pros first: Location was wonderful - right across the street from Ocean Beach and its cool breezes. There are so bus stops not too far away to take you into the main part of town. The rooms were large and the beds comfortable. It was also very clean. The cons: The building is under renovation (for two years now). Some rooms have AC, others don't. We found we didn't need it because of the cool nights and the fact that the windows could be open. However, there were no screens on the windows in our room. When I asked for screens to be put on, we were told they didn't have any that fit. We slept in that room with the windows open with no screen. Luckily, there were no bugs or critters that came in. Also, there are no hair dryers in the rooms. I called the front desk to request one but was told someone else had just checked out the last one they had. They said they would call me when it was available but I was already in bed by the time that call came. The sink was separated from the tub and toilet room but had no towel bar to hang the hand towel on. These are little things but were big inconveniences for us. How much would it cost them to put a towel bar up, screens on the windows, and a hair dryer in each room. I'd pay a little extra. Also, the room was advertised to be $140/night but came out to more than $200/night after all the extra stuff was added on. Still cheap for San Francisco, I guess. I'd stay there again if and only if they put screens on the windows. Also, skip the free breakfast.

Room tip: Ask for AC or window screened room.
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We got there at night ( we have four young kids). The room was on a third floor with no elevator so I needed to carry all my bags and stuff by myself. The room was shameful!!! There was an old smell like in my grandma house, the shower floor was pilling , some of the doors where dirty and looked bad, the furniture is from early 70's. the room was big enough so that's why it got two stars. the location is great for the sea lovers. this was by far, the worst hotel I have been in.No breakfast, No crib for babies. go someplace else!

Room tip: if you have to go, choose first floor.