The hotel is a great location for a stay in San Fancisco. 20m from union square. 5 min walk from the BART and 3mins to the cable car and tram/bus lines.
The hotel rooms are adequate for a few nights stay. Having just come from Las Vegas the room seemed small. The bathrooms were quite cramped but functional. The rooms could probably do with a little updating as we were on the front and it was quite noisey (no double glazing).
Staff were friendly and very helpful. Especially the doormen and concierge.
The free breakfast was a surprise and very welcome. It's a lot better than it sounds on paper. Very filling.
Union square is a great place to shop. Macy's, Sak's and Bloomingdales all a short stroll away.
As for a drink on a night. Try Lefty O'Douls next to the hotel. Lots of different beers and the food is cheap and plentiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Premier Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco