4,179 results
All reviews main building second building denny's restaurant great location beach street cable car around the corner ghirardelli square fishermans wharf f line within walking distance two double beds stayed here for nights the golden gate bridge two blocks street noise public transportation
Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

This was an ok basic hotel in my opinion. Still I would not visit this again if I would come back to SF.

Breakfest was not included and that was an extra 28 dollars, which was surprisingly much. Good food though. There was a cafe in the hotel too but it was way too expensive. Save your money and walk to a Starbucks close by.

Staff was nice :)

The hotel seemed a bit old, and this is a matter of taste, but I found it to be a bit, hmm, musty.

The noise from outside kept me up especially on a weekend night. I put earplugs on but that did not help.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Leija01
Reviewed November 25, 2015

The location is very good (tram around the corner). Lots of bars, travel agencies, rental car agencies and restaurants at 200 meters.
The beds are very confortable and the service room is great.
There is an ATM machine inside of the hotel.

Room tip: King size bed and not next to the parking.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

We checked-in recently and was pleasantly surprised by the service & facilities here, not to mention the hotel's proximity to all the great places of interests as well as transport routes to town.
As this was also a business trip for my husband, the hotel's
location made me feel safe travelling to and from town on my own to Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 as well via the Cable Cars & F Line to town. (we bought the Muni's 7-day pass at the Walgreens down the road for $35 per person and it is the best deal ever-highly recommended, 3-day passes are available too!)

We were well-received by a friendly lady upon check-in and the comfortably spacious executive
room on level 5 /Room 508 with the view of Alcatraz as well as that microwave oven, was much appreciated! I do love your Bath & Bodyworks toiletries &
really appreciated the complimentary wi-fi.Kudos!

Aside from a slight issue with an expected Amazon delivery that was quite queerly unsettling, I let it go as I received both boxes safely, albeit one day after another when the Amazon delivery trace records/receipt stated clearly it was delivered in the early morning and both boxes were received together by one of your staff (name included in delivery records
as she signed for them).

I am unsure of your hotel procedures but I expected your staff to duly inform me of these prompt deliveries eg.leave a
note if we are not in the room etc instead of me constantly needing to ask the front desk whether the boxes had arrived on several occasions upon knowledge from Amazon of successful
delivery.
I was given only 1 small box at night when they were actually delivered together.(You can refer to the file which my husband and I respectively signed for our deliveries, your staff just scribbled 1/and thereafter 2 boxes).
I waited for the other huge box till the next night with your staff telling me there were no other boxes/maybe no delivery yet/I had to wait etc.
I did not know what was happening behind the scene though upon safe receipt of the second box thereafter (after I had to ask your front desk about it again later at night), I let the matter slide instead of speaking to your hotel manager about this odd inconvenience and lapse in service. I do hope a more accountable way of informing guests and safe receipt of their deliveries are in place as per other hotels that we have been to so as to avoid any adverse suspicions on the customers' end regarding their deliveries.

Nevertheless, we had a wonderful experience here despite this hiccup and we were pleased at the end of our stay.
Thank you for arranging the hotel's transport to the airport and we had a great drive with your chauffeur too, a good man from the Philipines who tried his best despite a massive traffic stall due to road works on the way to the airport.
My husband was satisfied during his interactions with your front desk personnel and as IHG's Gold Elite member, we look forward to spending our next visit to SFO here at the Holiday Inn.
Thank you.
From,
Mr & Mrs Sham

3  Thank Lina_LilinJ
Reviewed November 23, 2015 via mobile

A good solid three star hotel. Clean and comfortable and well located. Easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. Not far from the World's Most Crooked Street or Coit Tower. Cheap-ish by San Francisco standards. Plenty of restaurants and tourist attractions within walking distance.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed November 18, 2015

We stayed here in October 2015. We arrived at 2pm after a long flight from Australia and were luck enough to be able to check in straight away even though check in was at 3pm. We were in a different building from where we checked in which was a quick walk across the road. Walking wasn't too bad, however it was a little annoying as we had a lot of luggage to drag over. The rooms were clean and well appointed. They weren't the biggest rooms, however it is San Francisco so I wasn't surprised! The beds were AMAZING and they gave you a selection of pillows.
My only complaint with the room was that the air con wasn't strong enough and you couldn't really feel it at night!

Location was perfect as the was a Walgreens across the road so that we could get supplies. There were restaurants everywhere, so there was plenty of selection. We were close to the cable car that takes you to Union square and down to the Piers, however we always liked to walk.

I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
nblanche, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco-Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2015

Hello t_la1982,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us here at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We will definitely be glad to see you again next time!!