Overall the hotel is nice and clean, location is great, decent views and convenient transportation, but we had booked a King Corner View room for my family with their 800 number reservations and asked for a rollaway bed for our daughter. When we arrived, we were told by the front desk that they could not accommodate a rollaway in that type of room as it was too small (which has views of the bay and Alcatraz) and had to settle for a room on the 16th floor (with no views of bay or Alcatraz) and 2 double beds. Although the lady who helped us at the front desk tried everything she could think of to get us in a room with a king or queen - it was spring break and they were booked.
Transportation was great - We came for a Giants game that day and were able to park our car at the hotel and then took a cable car and muni over to AT&T Park which was conveniently located right down the corner from the hotel.
Restaurants on site were horrible - went into restaurant for dinner that night and it felt like a cafeteria. It was mostly empty except for a family with 3 screaming kids all under 4 years old in the middle of the room and no hostess/host or servers to speak of. We left after sitting at a table for 5 mins with no acknowledgement of our presence whatsoever. However, found (by mere chance) an awesome Italian restaurant, Ti Piacera right around the corner from the hotel on Polk St. for dinner instead and had a fabulous time. Breakfast in the other restaurant the next morning was a total ripoff - $17.95 per person for buffet which did not have many choices.
Overall, we probably wouldn't go back to this hotel any time in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn