2,089 results
All reviews van ness cable car polk street around the corner california line california st outdoor pool corner room fisherman's wharf public transport high floor muni pass great view of the city union square stayed here for nights golden gate mini fridge
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

I returned to this hotel after not staying there for many years and was pleasantly surprised that it has been tastefully redone and is nice and comfortable. As I am an IHG member I called and spoke to Juan the day before my stay and asked for a quiet room on a high floor. He was very understanding and I felt confident he would would take care of me. When I arrived the front desk staff greeted me by name and let me know Juan had made arrangements for a nice room. They treated me like family and that is a very great feeling being so far from home. Juan went out of his way to make my stay great! When I called down to thank him for his great service he offered me a coupon for a coffee in the morning. That was a nice touch that made me feel special. When I was checking out I said hello to Irene at the front desk, I remember her from staying there many times 20 years ago. She said she is retiring this year, she was always so nice to me, and we had a nice chat about old times. I wish her well and hope to stay there again before she retires.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

We all do our very best to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible and it sounds like Hwan was able to do that! I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Holiday Inn.
Everything has been perfect - the bed is amazing, clean and a great size.
The bathroom is clean, fresh and a good size.

We have breakfast included - also wonderful!

Staff are great, would highly recommend.

We are staying on the 25th floor - the view is incredible too.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caitlin G
David K, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2017

I am very happy to hear you have been enjoying your time with us! We do our best to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible!

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights here and have to say that the hotel offers spacious rooms, which are nicely equipped and have a great nice view of San Francisco. The location is also workable and lets you plan your trip in all directions.

Definitely a good place to stay!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 30, 2016

This hotel had the best price for a 3 star in the area. The room was nice with a comfy bed. We were on the 11th floor and had a nice city view. The pool is outside on the 6th floor and also has a city view. There was complimentary wine tasting on Tuesday and Wednesday. For breakfast one day we grabbed a sandwich and coffee for about 7 bucks at the little cafe in the lobby. The food was fair. We went to breakfast another morning at the "Toast Eatery" a block away, and the food was delicious. The cost of parking is expensive everywhere in SF. The hotel charged 45 (after tax) per day to park, which was average compared to other hotels. We parked our car and either walked or used Uber (which was cheaper than the bus for a family of 4).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sjhammer02
David K, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and liked the convenient location. Rooms were clean and the very nice view from the wide windows. Parking at $45/night (including taxes) is steep but with privileges to check out and park back in made it worth it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cacofonix1
David K, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

Parking does seem pretty steep but luckily our guests have in and out privileges and have access to the lot 24 hours- a benefit that other garages do not have within the area.