My wife and I splurged for our 32nd Anniversary at this hotel so we could get a Suite. Location is great. Fly into SFO or OAK. Take the BART to the Embarcadero Station and you are there. The wonderful San Francisco Ferry Terminal Building is a across the street. What a great selection of foodie vendors and stands. Don't miss the Cowgirl Creamery grilled cheese sandwich. It is an easy walk to the Union Square shopping area and North Beach scene as well.
Our big disappointment was the really lousy service we had in the restaurant for Sunday breakfast. There seemed to be only one waiter on duty and the coffee, juice and water person was pretty scarce and did seem to be very happy. The food was unremarkable, but that is what you get from a buffet anywhere. Breakfast service on Monday morning was exactly the opposite. It was excellent.
The lesser disappointments were no replenishment of the coffee service in the room and having to pay 9.95/day for internet. Give me a break - when paying $262 for a room, they can throw in the internet service.
These were alleviated when we were checking out. We rode down in the elevator with a man in Hyatt polo shirt. He asked how the stay was. My wife answered her usual "fine." I answered with "disappointing." He immediately followed up and then asked if he could check us out. It turns out he was the Executive VP for Housekeeping. He took down the list of concerns and then removed the $5 tip for the lousy breakfast service and another $100 for taking the time to let him know our concerns. THAT MY FRIENDS IS HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 804-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco