All reviewsbay bridgethe financial districtmandarin orientalbridge view roomtransamerica buildinggolden gatechampagne and chocolatesluxury hotelchocolate covered strawberriesamazing views of the cityin room diningconcierge teamdinner reservationshouse carroom servicealcatraz islandamazing hotel
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I have stayed around SF many times and the Loews Regency is my favorite hotel, Easily the best view, calm, and quiet. I must say that the beds are extremely comfortable and made for pleasant nights sleep.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
5  Thank Tsz109
Anthony E, Manager at Loews Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Tsz109,

We are proud that you have made the Loews Regency your home away from home. Many guests comment about the plush beds, they are extremely comfortable, and most definitely a factor in a good night's rest. We are looking forward to your next stay and if you need anything, please feel free to reach out to me directly. -Anthony

Missing the other hotel!
Stunning views and location make this hotel still worth checking out although the decor is tired and furniture very basic. Quite frankly we miss the mandarin oriental which was what this used to be with its elegance and old world style.

Room Tip: High floor! Stunning views although furniture is very tired and pedestrian. We miss the Mandarin Oriental which was what the building used to be!
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Justine J
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I got in early and asked to leave my bags in their closet while I attend meetings during the day. The staff advised that my room was ready to check in, which allowed me to hang my suits and get myself organized before starting the day.

I also went for a run in the morning and the staff gave me a banana at 5:30AM before my run and a water upon my return. The amenities were of high quality. The very friendly and attentive staff is the reason for the 5 star rating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank herman_brito
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Check in took about 2 minutes - very professionally handled and straight-forward. The lobby is small, has wifi guest access, and a well managed restaurant. Ordered Eggs Benedict one morning and it arrived minutes later with perfectly done eggs - always tricky for a busy team to handle. The rooms start on the 38th floor - if you want a good view, you'll likely want a room on 40 or higher to avoid a railing and balcony outside your window. The view is exquisite, however, and you can easily see Golden Gate as well as Alcatraz and the harbor area. The room itself is comfortable, with a good sized bathroom. The HVAC system is quiet and highly efficient. The bedding is very comfortable and the room is quiet. You may wish to ask for a room without a connecting door to avoid any noise from the adjoining room. My neighbors were quiet but I could hear an occasional sound from time to time. There are two elevators handling the hotel, but they are fast and waiting time was never excessive. Overall, a very pleasant stay at a hotel with a highly professional and accomplished staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank TwinComanche
Anthony E, Manager at Loews Regency San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Thank you TwinComanche, for such a great detailed review. From the restaurant, to the room temp, to the views, it looks like you truly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and point out a few great tips! We do hope to see you back to the property soon! If you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out! -Anthony

Reviewed September 26, 2017

We stayed at the Loews Regency for a long weekend (25th wedding anniversary). This hotel is amazing! They made us feel "at home". This was our first stay at this hotel and we will certainly return! Great location, outstanding staff and service that is truly remarkable. We stayed to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The hotel sent up champagne and chocolates (so thoughtful)! Everyone called us by first names and it was as if we had been to this hotel many times. So incredible to receive such care from everyone at the hotel. I would HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
5  Thank 0Familytraveler0

Dear 0Familytraveler0,

Happy Anniversary once again, we are so happy you choose to stay with us on such a momentous occasion! We appreciate your Highly Recommend as well, I will make sure this review gets to the team so they can all read it and know they make a difference each and every day! We hope to see you back soon! -Anthony