1,629 results
All reviews fisherman's wharf great location ghirardelli square breakfast buffet gold member within walking distance valet parking cable car two blocks per day would stay here again lombard street fitness center the golden gate bridge coit tower public transportation the financial district
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Great location in heart of Fishermans wharf. Very competent courteous & friendly staff. Spacious rooms with plenty storage space. Arrived from a longer trip and felt welcome and at home.great proximity to shops and tourist attractions

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear michaelhph,

I am delighted you had a great stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I took a mother/daughter vacation to California and wanted to be centrally located to several attractions in San Francisco since we were only staying a couple of days. The staff and service couldn’t of been better they went above and beyond to make our stay great. They lived up to what I’ve always loved about staying at a Marriott, excellence in every way.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear CandlesInTheWind013,

I am delighted you had a great mother/daughter trip to San Francisco and that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels and for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Let me start with how this hotel charges 59$ a night for parking. Weekday room rates are higher than weekends because they accommodate a lot of business meetings and business travelers. So if you happen to be on a personal vacation during weekdays, it is extremely pricey for a very average hotel.
Having breakfast at the hotel was another outrageous expense. We paid 70$ for 2 coffees, a breakfast sandwich and one buffet breakfast. I have paid similar amounts at a Four Seasons where the food was exceptional. The Marriott has no business charging those prices for a typical breakfast.
This Marriott’s prices are inflated strictly because of the proximity to Fisherman’s Wharf. A much better choice would have been the Fairmont near Ghiradelli, less expensive and a 5 Star hotel.
Sadly San Francisco’s Fishermans Wharf was dirty, littered, and filled with homeless people using offensive language and interfering with those trying to enjoy their visit. They also have a very large population of pidgeons and huge seagulls that walk on dining tables and leave droppings everywhere. The trash and bird feces could be cleaned up, but it’s clear that San Francisco has neither the resources or desire to keep this huge tourist location a pleasant place to visit. We won’t be recommending it to anyone and won’t be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie C
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear Laurie C,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to San Francisco. Our new Mayor has started several initiatives to address many of your concerns. I apologize that you with dissatisfied with the cost of our goods and services. San Francisco is a very expensive city in which to operate a business, and that is reflected in our pricing

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I'll start off by saying I travel weekly for work and I am a regular Marriott customer. I've usually had great experiences with Marriott. I stayed at this hotel in August with my family. The good things first: Location & newly refurbished rooms and that's pretty much it.

Cons:
1. This hotel lacks basic Marriott amenities. No concierge lounge, no swimming pool.
2. You have to pay additional charges if you need to warm food for kids. 5 dollars for the Microwave. All Marriott hotels I have ever stayed at have a microwave on each floor by vending machines or at least at some common place in the hotel
3. Adults eat free, kids pay for breakfast. Now this applied because I have membership status, so I get to eat free but family still pays.
4. Wait times by the lift can be long as 10 minutes, of the 2 lifts 1 was not working on the days we stayed there. I don't recall seeing stairway signs around to go to 2nd floor rather quickly
5. Front desk, not the most friendly one.

After being charged for Microwave to warm food, we decided to leave and move to another Marriott nearby which was a Marriott in every sense and lower price.

Room Tip: Not the best place, worst Marriott
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear SaaSConsultant_2014,

I apologize that we did not meet your family's expectations as a loyal Marriott traveler. We are smaller than most Marriott Hotels and do not have as extensive facilities. We try to compensate for that by providing excellent service, but I am sorry to hear we failed to deliver to your satisfaction. I am happy you were able to find accommodations that better suited your needs.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

It was fantastic to sink into the huge king size bed after a long flight from Australia. Our room was 5 star...everything
almost new and great attention to detail ...loved the free wifi with becoming a Marriott member...everything close by...walk a block to Fishermans Wharf or cable cars uptown or ferrys to Alcatraz Loved it esp the later check out

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blacksquidie
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear Blacksquidie,
I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to San Francisco.