Lowest prices for your stay
C$548
Hotels.com
C$549
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
C$395
Easy and fast booking
2,527 results
All reviews welcome bag union square gift bag great location cable car around the corner street noise bart station front desk staff powell st central location the heart of the city bed was very comfortable small room downtown sf would definitely stay here again upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked the hotel after reading several reviews, however I was still on the fence about it even the day before arrival. After putting more faith in the good reviews over the bad I decided to stick with Hotel Abri. This turned out to be a terrible mistake. Don't get me wrong, the lounge, the room decor, the bathroom, the bed, and the location were all great; but the overall experience was very poor.
We had valet take our car ($40) and left our bags with the hotel as we arrived far too early to check in. We were told that we would receive a phone call when our room was ready. After several hours of shopping around Union Square and no phone call, we decided to head back to check the status of our room. It was 3:30 at this point and they said our room was still not ready. The staff member apologized for the inconvenience and then offered to upgrade us to a room that was available immediately. Sounds fantastic right? Until I received the bill where I was charged for the room upgrade and had to call to correct the mistake. In correcting the mistake they charged me what they should have originally before issuing the necessary refund, which is simply poor business.
Our actual stay was pleasant despite the bed being furnished with only one type of incredibly thick stiff pillow which left us sore the next day (I understand that this is personal preference). I attempted to be proactive and have them call for our car as we were packing our room. We came down to the front desk and took care of paperwork and were told that our car would be right out. 5...10...15...20 minutes later I approached the front desk and during the ensuing phone call to the parking garage they had a verbal back and forth as to who's fault it was saying, "no I'm sure I called you and gave you the correct number." In the end I heard, "ok, well then can you make a rush on that car?" 5...10 minutes later I approach the front desk and as I'm asking the question my car pulls up and she says, "Oh look, there it is." No apology, just a dismissal.
Needless to say I will not be staying there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason H
RobBrehant, General Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Jason H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with me. At the Hotel Abri, we pride ourselves on our extraordinary customer service and I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive it. I completely understand why you did not feel well taken care of. Although our front desk agent did intend for your suite upgrade to be complimentary, on rare occasions such as this, our property management system will change the rate of a room according to the room that is assigned. I am terribly sorry for the glitch and for the miscommunication in regards to the valet service. We have refunded your valet charge for the inconvenience and will ensure that these issues do not occur again. I hope that you will reconsider returning to the Hotel Abri in the future. We would be thrilled to have a second opportunity at making your stay in San Francisco a fantastic one.

Yours in hospitality,
Rob Brehant, General Manager

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very convenient hotel. It is an older building that has been refurbished. Room was clean, the bed good and the bathroom was modern. All the usual in the room from coffee machine to safe. Supplies resupplied appropriately. The restaurant attached was very friendly, efficient and the food decent. The wifi was, however, slow - not unusual but always frustrating. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MikeBirdman
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This has to be one of the worst hotels in terms of customer service. Was told a lot of wrong information which resulted in extra fees added on to our bill. Front desk personnel are very rude. There was always an excuse for anything that was brought up. Location is excellent but there are far better hotels for your money.

1  Thank socal1999
RobBrehant, General Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Socal1999-
I am a bit shocked by your review and want to apologize for the impression that you have of the Hotel Abri. You did not include any specifics so I am unsure as to what exactly to address, but I am extremely proud of my team and the level of service that each and every one of them provides, and am dismayed that you had a different experience than that. If you would like to contact me directly and offer me more specifics about your experience, I would be happy to discuss. I hope that when your travels return you to San Francisco you would consider giving us a second chance!
Yours in hospitality-
Rob Brehant, General Manager, 415-392-8800

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in San Francisco during one of the busiest times of the year (Salesforce's Annual Conference) and staying at the Abri was perfect as it was walking distance from everywhere- from Union Square to the Moscone Centre. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and price was fair and reasonable.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel in january 2013. None Will take care Of You. None Will ask You anything or Will try to help You if You need. Clearing are Very bad and They don't take care Of changing your mugs or Towels. You Could expect more from an hotel Like this....

Dear Willypau80-
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry that that you felt as if the staff was uncaring in any way. Our team is extremely committed to excellent guest service and I apologize that your experience was different. It sounds as if you had an issue with housekeeping not replacing your coffee mugs during your stay and I will address this with the housekeeping department.
Once again, I greatly value the feedback, and I hope that when you return to San Francisco in the future that you will consider returning to the Abri!
Yours in hospitality-