“Very friendly, helpful staff. Rooms small but very clean. Perfect location.”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #96 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Newport, VT
“Very friendly, helpful staff. Rooms small but very clean. Perfect location.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel, given the reasonable price and location. We would have added an extra night on to our stay,but the Obamas were visiting San Francisco so we decided to clear out to avoid the congestion and street closings.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.
Our corner room was small but adequate. Even though the room had windows on two sides, it was quiet, very little street noise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pismo Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2012

They have great customer service. Fun rooms. Last time we stayed in the Presidentail Suite, I think it is called. It was FABULOUS! The only sad part was leaving my ablaone shells from monterey in a cup in the room. When I remembered, it was too late. They had started to clean the room and the trash was down the schute! Oh well. Yummy breakfast, too!

Room Tip: with a view!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Justin F
Tesuque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I highly suggest staying at the Mosser for many reasons. This European style, boutique hotel is so ideally located, has a chic comfort and is so well priced that I can't imagine why anyone would choose to pay the typical San Francisco rates at other hotels. Annabel's restaurant & bar, located next door is a local favorite with an excellent menu, the Cioppino... fish stew is incredible. Service at the Mosser is top notch, friendly & efficient, any one of the staff could be mentioned here but just have to say that Nish gets whatever you need taken care of. I am in SF often for business and only stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Teresa R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Right in the middle of everything we wanted to get to. It is well presented, and very clean and great value. Have already returned, and will do so again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan P
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Mosser is a great deal and in a great location to everything. Walking distance to the Subway (Very easy to get to from SFO), busses, trolly & shopping
The room is small, me and my husband stayed there for 5 nights in a shared bathroom, after all of my shopping the room did become a little crammed but I don't pick rooms to spend my days in while i am on vacation. The room was always very clean as was the bathrooms, I never encountered anyone while in the bathroom (separate toilet from shower area) except for one day when I went to go shower, no big deal I just used the shower upstairs. The coffee was good and the muffins as well, its not a continental breakfast but there are tons of great restaurants around why fill your self up at the hotel. We did not eat at annabels as there was quite a line up, we walked around the block to Mel's diner, a sushi place and there is tons of convenience stores. There is no AC but a ceiling fan
There is also a computer in the lobby if you need to print off boarding passes or coupons if you are heading towards napa to the outlets.

The bell boy was great, held our bags for us on check out day while we walked to Avis to pick up the rental car, loaded up the car for us. I would definitely stay at the Mosser again, I might choose to upgrade to a private bathroom if the price was reasonable but I would have no problem staying in a shared room

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DandKtravel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Mosser is a great spot in great location with great staff. They have great green fun products, breakfast etc. It is a no brainer if you want to watch your cost and be in the best location in the City. I stay here a lot...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sfobes
Darwin
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The best thing about the Mosser is the price for the location. Rooms are small and bathrooms and toilets are shared.
The best way to describe it, is as a posh hostel. I did admire their commitment to being a 'green hotel' with enviromentally friendly shampoo and conditioner and a 100 % cotton robe (which is not thick enough to cover nakedness mind you).

I was caught in an earthquake tremor during my stay there. If an earthquake wasn't scary enough, the way the room shook was. I thought the building might collapse, a downside to staying in an old building.
The service at the front counter was okay. There is no restaurant on site, but one next door, which I found to be quiet pricey considering the lack of choices on the menu.

I would recommend to a friend who was on a budget.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo